Chapter Fourteen - "I did something bad this weekend."

I got emotional writing this chapter. Hope you guys enjoy it. 

It is seriously way too early for this argument.

"You're not serious are you? She would wipe the floor with her if they had to fight each other!" Caroline shrieks. There are few things you want to fight Caroline on, but books are definitely not one of them, and Jayna should know better.

Jayna looks just as confident as she usually does, not feeling intimidated by Caroline and her domineering eyes. "I'm dead serious. Katniss would totally kick Tris' ass. Katniss is a skilled archer, she could take her out in less than ten seconds. Tris can't even hold a gun by the time the second book comes out."

"OH PLEASE. Okay, Katniss can shoot, I will give you that. But Katniss can't fight anybody. I mean close combat style." Caroline belches.

"She's hit people plenty of times. She can handle herself." Jayna retorts.

Caroline's shaking her head, and in a way that I know she's about to win this argument (her and Brad argue Game of Thrones all the time.) "I've read all three books, and the most I've ever seen Katniss actually hit someone without an aid is really low. Tris, on the other hand, was trained to be violent, with or without weapons. She will beat your ass if you push her there, and it has been proven a lot of times. She will fight anyone in her way, without a weapon. Katniss I feel like is all talk unless she has a weapon, otherwise she's honestly useless."

Jayna is trying not to look like she got served, but it's really hard because she did. Caroline is an expert on anything book related. I avoid talking to her about Harry Potter because I won't ever win that match. Jayna basically retreated after that shutdown of a comment, which is rare for any of us to see.

Alice and Caroline got into a Twilight match a year ago and she almost won.The landslide ended up being that Alice got a scene in the book twisted up and Caroline called her out on it. One day we will beat her, one day.

But this morning will not be one of those days. It's surprisingly warm for 7am, but we're almost near the school so I can last for now. We finally made it to the last week of school. Thank the lord. This year wasn't that bad. Actually, this was the year that my life actually got interesting.

Speaking of interesting, I need to find Alice. I don't know how much longer I can keep Saturday night to myself. Normally I tell Jayna anything big first and Caroline dead last since she's a blabbermouth, but there is a lot of information and Alice is not exactly in the group so she can tell me the truth and not hold back. Jayna would tell the truth too, but she likes Craig more than Paul now.

I walk to my locker to grab my French books for class, and just before I make it there I see Paul coming towards me. I don't even know if I can look him straight in the eye after what we did Saturday night, but he's coming over here anyways, with that super sexy smile, and great pair of arms in that tank top he's wearing. As if to taunt me.

He comes up behind me when I open my locker, and whispers in my ear. "Hi." I swear I got the shivers when I heard that. I'm still really jumpy, and close noises will bother me for the next few days.