Chapter Ten - "I want you to do it again."

This is the longest chapter I have out right now, and I think the next ones are gonna be as long, if not longer. Hope you guys enjoy the twist ;) !!

If I'm your reflection

Then baby you must be an angel

Cause when the light, hits you just right

One could mistake you for a star

That is exactly what you are..

I've been playing this Jhene Aiko song all morning. And all night. It's the only song that keeps me calm. I've been replaying the events of yesterday afternoon all night and all morning. My mom wanted to know what that was all about when she came home, but to be totally honest I didn't know what to tell her. What was that all about?

But then the night takes over

And you are no where to be found

Your face in broken pieces

I studied all night for the quiz, which I think i'll do okay on, but in no shape or form am I ready for the rest of the day. Or even for English. I'm in the car with my dad with my headphones on full volume. Not even he can fix me right now.

My dad waved his hand in front of my face to get my attention. I shove my headphones off my face and onto my neck and listen to what he has to say.

"Your mother told me what she saw you doing yesterday Mike, do you wanna talk about it?" he asked with hope in his eyes.

"What is there to discuss? Nothing happened. It looked like he was gonna kiss me, but he didn't and why would he? He's totally straight and has no feelings for me like that." I say, breathless. "There's no more to say, but I appreciate you trying to understand my head. It must suck to have a gay son who you can't relate to" I say. This isn't the first time I've thought about it. I know my dad loves me no matter what, but I think it would be easier for him had I just assumed I was still straight.

"When I was in college I went through an experimental phase. I met some guys and had my share of fun Mike, so I know what it's like to kiss boys." This is so weird, not only did I just find out my dad was into boys at one point, but he's trying to relate it back to me, when I didn't even kiss Paul!

"Dad, gross! I didn't need to know that! And secondly I didn't even kiss him, he was like three inches away from me and then mom came and he ran off!" I yelled, even though I didn't really mean to, I'm just in shock and mad that everyone thinks we made out when I did no such thing. It's also really weird to know that my dad did stuff with guys when he was my age. He honestly does not look like the type of man to get involved with "my lifestyle", if that even makes any sense.

"I can tell that you wanted to son. You get all passionate when you say anything related to that boy it seems." I blush really bad, how was my dad able to pick up on that so fast? Maybe he did like boys at some point. "If he's what you want you have to at least try and see if he might like you back. He might not even be all that straight if he was that close to you."

"I can't just tell him I like him, there are rules and he's definitely straight dad, what kind of guy like him would go out with someone like me? Oh my god, I like him and the pizza guy just asked me out what is wrong with me?!"

I basically just spilled everything right then and there. As we hit a red light I can see my dad just absorbing all that I just said, but i have no idea how he's going to react.

Don't you look down, don't you look down..

Ashamed I couldn't see this, coming around..