Chapter Twelve - "Is that why everyone was looking at us?"

Sorry I took so long with this chapter guys!! Working, Exams, Study Abroad paperwork, a guy is swamped these days, but I had to finish the chapter tonight. Hope you enjoy the rainy aftermath!!!!

I woke up today feeling extremely tired, yet at the exact same time I felt well-rested, if that makes any sense at all. It's probably just how I feel every morning, but I'm just now more in tune with it. I look outside and it's raining, not hard but it has the potential to. I grab my towel and head into the shower. I scratch my head and I start seeing flakes. Ugh, I have to wash my hair.

One of the the things I hate about being me is that I have to wash my hair more than 4 times a week. I hate the feeling of shampoo in my hair. It feels like all the moisture is being dried out of my head. And I don't put conditioner in it directly after because my hair get's all knotty. Even when it's short it can be a pain in the ass to get my comb through it. A white gay complaining about his thin and uninteresting hair; can we pick a different struggle today, sir..

After I rinse the gunk out of my hair and wash my body, I get out and brush my teeth while getting dressed. I get a text from Jayna saying she's downstairs waiting for me to get ready. Since it's raining I just throw on sweatpants and an old Yale hoodie my aunt gave me when she visited the school last year.

I grab my bag and head downstairs, and Jayna is just sitting at the table talking to Steph about something that I don't really care to know about. Whoever said all gays cared about gossip obviously never met me.

"Is that my box of Golden Hornets?!" I yell at Jayna. She knows that no one is allowed to touch my Golden Hornets cereal. Not even Bryce is allowed and he's an adorable little thing who normally gets what he wants from me. That cereal is my salvation, and I will commit murder on whomever touches it.

"Relax, I grabbed the first thing I saw. And when I realized it was yours it was already in my mouth and it would have been a waste to pour it out and substitute." She says calmly. I hate how she never raises her voice at me to get a point across, which is weird because I shouldn't want her yelling at me. "Hurry up and eat, we gotta go and I have some news to tell you."

Out of the four of us, Jayna shares the least with us, and it's not even because she doesn't trust us. She just thinks if it isn't related to life and death, school, or super personal it shouldn't be categorized as "news". The fact that she said news must be something bigger than the both of us. I grab the muffin sitting in the jar by the microwave and a boxed milk belonging to Bryce and grab her to leave. The second we walk down the street I ambush her with questions.

"What the hell is so important that you couldn't share with us last night?" I pester as we hit a red light waiting for cars to pass.

"First of all, this all happened after I left, and second even if I did know before then I wouldn't have said anything because last night was your night." She deadpans. "Anyways, I didn't wanna tell anyone but you because you're indifferent to this topic so you'll be the perfect mediator."

I raise an eyebrow at that. What could I possibly be a mediator for? Last I checked, I was the one with a situation people were trying to mediate for me. If she thinks I'm indifferent to it maybe I am, Jayna is the most in-tune to me aside from Alice.

"Anyway, when I left your house last night I was walking toward my house and I saw Dennis running with his dog, which scared the hell out of me (she hates dogs), and I was freaking out a little since this dog was really big. But it wasn't barking so I calmed down, and Dennis said 'hi' and I said 'hey' and we walked down the street together a little bit talking about class and he switched streets but then he gave me his number to text and stuff and I said 'okay'." She pauses for a long breath.