Chapter Twenty Five - "Ask me when I'm sober."

ENJOY THE NEW CHAPTER!!!

I pull myself out of my warm shower and head to my room, where I am freezing for the next twenty seconds in nothing but a towel until I can pull my clothes on. I knew climate change was the real deal, but this winter already bites. I go to my closet to pull on a pair of black jeans, because everything goes with black. The challenge is finding the right shirt.

Tonight is the huge senior New Year's Eve party in Rosedale, which is about thirty minutes away from where I live, but with the snow it'll probably take 45 minutes to get there, so I need to get ready quick. I know the house will be full of hot, drunk teenagers so I don't really want to wear a sweater, but the cold is so uncomfortable for just a T-shirt.

"Steph! I need help!" I yell down the hall to my sister who, against my wishes, is going to this party with Jourdan, who doesn't even go to my school.

He's not a senior either, but he knows the guys sister who is throwing this party, so if I want to get in I need him sadly. I don't even know the guy throwing the party really, or why he's doing it in Rosedale rather than right here in town. But I don't really care, the point is I'm going. Steph comes in my room wearing light jeans and a long sleeve crop top, like it isn't thirty degrees Fahrenheit outside right now.

"This better be important, I was putting eyeliner on." She says out of breath.

"I don't know what shirt to wear. Also, you do realize it's not summer and crop tops aren't really the things to wear in cold weather, right?" I spit out. She pushes me out of the way and eyes my closet.

"It's going to be hot in there, and as long as mom and dad don't know what I have on, I couldn't care less about what is appropriate wear for the seasons." She says was she's reviewing my clothing options.

As she's telling me her options, I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. I pull it out and answer it without even looking at the ID because I know it's Caroline, because she told me to call her once I got out of the shower and I forgot.

"Sorry, I forgot! Where are you right now?" I say into the phone. Steph throws her choice on my bed and says she's going to finish getting ready. She picks out this shirt grandpa got me last year for my birthday. I never saw a use to wear it until now. It's thick enough to keep me warm and not too unbearable to wear in crowds of people.

"I'm heading out of the door now, and we're heading over to your house now. We still need to set up designated drivers and hookup codes before we actually go." She casually explains.

"Okay that's fine, though I'm pretty sure Jourdan said he won't drink since he'll be keeping an eye on Steph all night, so that's one down. And the hookup codes are for you and Brad, everyone else is taken in the group."

"Everyone but you. It's been almost two months, you should loosen up tonight, have some real fun." She's been pushing me to start hooking up since it's been two months since Paul and I broke up, but I don't really have an interest to do it.

"We're not having this conversation again. Just come through the backdoor, I'm leaving it unlocked." I hang up the phone before I hear her protest.

As I'm putting my shirt on and I finish doing my hair (which has been growing out the last couple of months), I start thinking about the last few months and everything that's been happening. I know tonight is the night I leave 2015 behind and focus on the new year ahead, but you have to remember the past before you move to the present.

Since Paul and I have broken up, I never really saw him in school very often. At first, I was bothered by it because I thought he would still want to be friends at least. But then I got really with applications and deadlines for university that I didn't even have the time to care. I had college tours to go to every weekend for three weekends straight.