Barely Breathing

Listen to : What I've done by Linkin Park

        Chapter 5

Derek, Peter, Cora, Boyd and I were planning to go after the Alphas.

Scott burst through the door. “I know where they are.”

“Same building as the Argents, we know.” Derek replies.

“Cora and I followed the twins.” Boyd explains.

“Then they want you to know.” Scott points that.

“Or, more likely, they don't care.” I state

Scott stood next to Boyd looking at the carefully laid out maps, “What is this?”

“Isn't it obvious? The schemers are scheming, coming up with a coup de main, better known as a pre-emptive strike.” Peter replies.

“You're going after them?” Scott questions.

“Tomorrow. And you're gonna help us.” I reply.

“They're one floor above them in the penthouse, right above Allison.” Derek informs with his arms crossed.

“So kill them first, that's the plan?” Scott asks.

“They won't even see it coming.” Boyd replies.

“Why is the default plan always murder? Just once, can someone try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone?” Scott questions.

“You never get tired of being so blandly moral, do you? Not that I disagree with him.” Peter comments.

“I do. Why do we need this kid?” Cora snaps.

I roll my eyes. “This kid helped save your life.” I point out.

“And you know we can't just sit back and wait for them to make the first move.” Derek states looking at Scott.

“You can't beat a pack of Alphas.” Scott argues.

“That's why we're going after Deucalion, just him.” Cora states bluntly.

“Cut off the head of the snake the bodies die.” Boyd adds.

“Only this isn't a snake, it's a Hydra. And like Scott says, they're all Alphas.” Peter interjects.

“Deucalion's still the leader.” Derek states.

“Let's hope so. Because you know what happened when Hercules cut off the head of the Hydra?” Peter comments sending a look to me.

“Two more grew back in its place.” I reply.

“Little Annie's been doing her summer reading.”

+

We all went to the abandoned mall, following Scott. We were fully shifted.

“You knew I would do this?” Scott questions but it comes out more as a statement. When we appear out of the shadows. “Derek, don't. You can't do this and no one gets hurt. If someone else dies...”

Derek cuts him Scott off and points at Deucalion. “Him. Just him.”

“Just me? Now, how's a blind man find his way into a place like this all on his own.” He knew what we were planning on doing, Deucalion was one step ahead of us.

I hear the scarping of claws on concrete which belongs to Kali. Ennis walks up the busted escalator and the twins appear on another part of the building.

Kali lunges for Derek, Boyd and Ennis fight. Scott and and Isaac go for the twins.

Cora and I take turns fighting Ennis with Boyd. Ennis slashes me across the torso, I spit up blood and then I attack again and this time Ennis grabs my arm and spins me in a circle and breaks my back. I let out a blood curdling scream. Ennis holds me with his claws poised at my throat and for a moment the fighting halts.