Anna's Social Life

Chapter 2

I sat on the couch while Derek sat on his bed both of us reading, damn we had social life. Derek closed his book and checked something on his phone. “Isn't he gonna pick you up soon?” Derek questions. My answer is flipping a page in my book.

He walks over to me and snatches the book out of my hands. “Hey!” “Aren't you going?” I roll my eyes. “Where?” I question while reaching for my book which he holds above his head because I'm shorter than him, not everyone can be six foot.

“That party.” I quirk an eyebrow at him. “What party?” I think for a second then my eyes get wide in realization. “You listen to my phone conversation, you dick!” I smack his arm.

“It's my job.” He replies simply. I glare at him. “No, I'm not going to some party I hate them.” “Well, if you want some of my advice...” I cut him off.

“Nope, pretty sure with your track record I could do without your wisdom oh great Alpha wolf.” I reply sarcastically.

“I'm just saying you need to try and be a normal girl for five minutes if you want to have a relationship.” He tosses me back my book and goes to get up. “Wait.” I call. He stops. “Give me ten minutes.” I drop my book and sprint upstairs.

+

I sit in the car while Derek drives to address. I'm wearing tight fitting camouflage pants and a black low cut lacy top and my black boots.

Derek comes to a stop a block from the party so Stiles wouldn't know I showed up. I unbuckle my seat belt. “Thanks for the ride.” I mutter to Derek and I get out. “Make good choices!” Derek calls out which ends with me flipping him off and marching towards the house.

I open the door and I instantly see Scott but then I also see a blonde pressing her lips to Stiles and he doesn't stop her. My hand goes to my mouth and my eyes water. Scott whirls around and sees me his eyes wide. I sprint out of the house. “Anna wait!” I hear Stiles call after me but it's too late I'm already half way down the block.

When I finally do stop. I slide down to the ground. I pull my phone out of my pocket.

I dial Derek's number. Please pick up, please. “Yeah, Anna?” He answers. “Can you come get me please?” I breath out but my voice cracks.

What did the idiot do, are you okay?” I wipe my face with the sleeve of my shirt. “Please just come get me.” “Okay, I will be there in a few minutes.” I hang up and I press the palms of my hands to my forehead fighting off the headache, trying to push down the pain this is what I did when I was a kid.

Someone snuck up on me, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I thought it was my brother. Nope it was Stiles.

I jerk away from him. “Leave me alone.” I spat. “Anna let me explain.” He defends, I stand up. “Explain what! She kissed you and you didn't tell her I had a girlfriend. Is it even like that with us? Do you even care?” I wish I could handle my emotions better, tears were falling down my face.

“Anna, I told her when you took off, she just surprised me, I didn't know what to do, please believe me.” He pleads. I shake my head. “That's the thing, I trusted you! And that means everything to me, if I can't trust someone then I can't be with them.”

“Anna listen to my heartbeat if you don't believe me.” He argues. I shake my head. He puts a hand on my shoulder. “Please Anna, please. I don't want to hurt you.” “Say it slowly.” I snap my voice hard as stone.

“She kissed me.....I was.... surprised..... I told her.... I have a beautiful girlfriend..... That I really like.... I'm sorry.” His heartbeat didn't skip or uptick he was telling the truth.