Haunted Thoughts

Chapter 12

Anna's perspective

I jumped awake with a gasp. My chest heaving up and down from the dreams I was having. My body was alive with fresh power that it has been lacking for days.

I looked around and Cora rushed to me. She pulled me into a tight hug. "I was so worried." She mutters.

I hug her back. I pull back and my eyes dart to Peter who lets the relief show in his. He nods at me with a small smile. He's happy I'm okay.

Derek is leaned against the wall his eyes closed. I look at Peter and Cora for answers.

"He's tired, that's all." Cora explains to my puzzled look. I nod. I put my feet down to the floor and go to get up but the blood rushes to my head and I grab my sister's arm for support.

"Take it easy." She mutters. I nod.

She releases her grip on me and I make my way over to Derek. I crouch down in front of him, he looks much younger when he sleeps not as warn down. I turn to Cora.

"Grab me some water for him." She nods and comes back with a bottle. I twist off the cap and tip the bottle onto his lips, and put my hand on the back of his neck.

He jumps forward slightly his eyes still tired. I watch him carefully. He looks over at me, his eyes widen with relief. I offer him a smile. "You're okay." He says. I nod.

"I can honestly say I'm doing a lot better than you are right about now. All because of you." I joke while lightly messing with his hair the way our mother used to when he was young.

"Hopefully not all for nothing. The moon is rising, Derek. You drained your battery all the way to the red and there is a fully charged Alpha on her way to rip you limb from limb." Peter comments. I fix him with a heavy glare.

I continue to mess with Derek's hair to keep him relaxed. "Shut up Peter." I snap.

"I'll be fine in a few hours." Derek assures.

"I sincerely hope so, because a few hours is all that you have."

I glare at him again.

Cora and I extend our hands to Derek and pull him up to his feet. He stands a little unsteadily.

I tighten my grip on him and help him to the couch while Cora holds onto his other side in case he decides to fall and take me with him.

He sits down. I look down at my feet and I feel his gaze on me. I don't even know what to say to him. Cora told me he gave up his power for me. I don't know how I could ever make that up to him. I quickly walk towards the stairs feeling everyone watch me, but I keep walking.

+

I got out of the shower and checked my phone again from a message from Stiles. I called him with no answer then I sent him a text again with no answer. A weight dropped in my stomach.

Did he even care?

Was he in trouble?

I sat down and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I usually didn't look at myself to often unless I was checking to make sure you couldn't tell I was crying or to make sure my eyeliner wasn't smudged. But for some reason my gazed lingered.

I looked at my round hazel eyes that I had gotten from my mother a trait Laura, Cora and I all shared. But my eyes were dark and hard, not warm and loving like how they looked on Laura or my mother. I ran my hand through my dark curls a shade that all my siblings had gotten from my mother's side of the family.