Final Battle Calls

Chapter 12

Argent went over the story with all of us. Scott and Isaac trying their best to keep it together. I just felt numb. She was gone, my friend was gone.

We all sat together in the police station. I sat on the right of Isaac,his knuckles were turning white from how hard he was squeezing his fist. I grabbed his hand and held it in mine clasping the other handover top of his. He really cared for Allison and she was ripped away from him.

"Can you remember anything else?" Parrish questioned us. I did most of the talking since it was easiest for me to speak.

No one spoke. "Isaac?" Parrish tries.

"I'm sorry. It just happened so fast." He whispers. I put my arm around him and pulled him closer to me. I hated seeing Isaac in so much pain.

+

Isaac left to go be with Argent, I checked my phone and has 12 missed calls from Derek. I decided it would be best to call him, then go get Stiles.

I rang Derek and his greeting was not a pleasant one. "Anna I'm going to kill you where the hell have you been?!"

I hold the phone away from my ear because his screaming. "Derek I hadt-" He cuts me off.

"You know what? I don't care! I want you to get your ass home right now!The twins were shot and I had no idea where the hell you were! I've been worried sick!"

"Derek,I-"

"You are going to be so grounded, I will actually put you in the ground!Do you hear me?"

"All of California can hear you!" I yelled back.

"Really? You want to raise your voice at me right now? Do you know what's been going on? Do you? The twins were attacked!"

"Derek! I know! I just got done fighting the Oni, and they killed Allison!" My voice cracks when I say her name.

The line goes quiet the fire gone from Derek. After a moment he breaks the silence. "Are you okay?"

My eyes water, "Not the first time I've lost a friend. But she did save my life. I just thought I would've been able to thank her, and I'm worried about Isaac." My voice grows thick.

"Isaac will be okay."

"I hate this, she didn't deserve this." My voice catches.

"Hey, it will be okay. This isn't over yet. But it will be soon. I promise."

"But how many more are going to get killed first?"

+

I met up with Scott and Lydia at Deaton's, Stiles was safe with Kira for now. Everyone was still reeling from what happened to Allison but we had no time to mourn for the young huntress.

"Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped." Scott states to Deaton.

"The problem is this isn't even a person you're fighting. It just looks like one. It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human." Deaton points out.

"The shape of my best friend." Scott says.

"Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?" Lydia cuts in.

"I don't know. This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore." Deaton replies.

"Is there anything that does?" Scott questions.