Bad Plans In Action

Chapter 8

I was right behind the Sheriff's SUV and Scott was right behind me on his motorcycle, we were trailing them, because after the other night's events, Stiles wanted to be placed in Eichen House.

Scott and I were determined to stop this. I pulled up behind the Sheriff, and jumped out of the car, that Derek doesn't know I borrowed.

Scott ran up behind me. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask, the first question to come out of my mouth, I stare at Stiles with pleading eyes who can barely look at me.

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this." Sheriff answers, while I still stare at Stiles.

"It's only 72 hours." Stiles points out.

"This is the same place where Barrow came from. The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies." Scott argues.

I looked at Sheriff with pleading eyes. "You don't know everything yet."

"I know enough. Nogitsune, kitsune, oni, or whatever they're called."Sheriff replies.

I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct." Stiles mutters in surprise at his father.

"Scott, Anna, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's. And it terrifies me. I'm headed down to L.A to talk to a specialist."

"Then why are you putting him in here?" Scott questions.

"He's not. It was my decision." Stiles deadpans.

My heart sinks, I whirl around to him. "Stiles, we can't help you if you're in here." I argue and my voice cracks some fighting back the fear and angry growing in my heart. Why couldn't this all be over?Why couldn't I just protect him?

Stiles finally looks me in the eyes. "And I can't hurt you." The wind is knocked out of me. He's doing this because he's afraid to hurt someone. He's afraid to hurt me.

"Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people. We're gonna find something.And if we can't...." Scott trails off.

"If you can't..." Stiles moves closer to Scott dropping his voice to a whisper so his father doesn't hear us. "If you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay? Make sure I never get out." Stiles kisses my cheek, he reaches down and squeezes my hand tightly, then he and his father walk away and the gaits closes behind them, separating Stiles, and I.

I stand there my body shivers, he's gone. My eyes water. I look at Scott the emotion fighting it's way to the surface of my face. Scott steps closer to me looking like he wants to reach out and hug me, but he looks like he gives that idea a second thought.

"He better hope he comes out okay. Or else I'll kick his pale ass." I attempt to joke.

Scott gives me an attempted smile. "You scared?" Scott questions.

"I'm terrified, Scott." I clarify. I really was, I don't know what I would do if I lost Stiles. I don't know what any of us would do.

+

We were all at Deaton's office. Scott, Allison and I. We were talking to Argent over the phone because he and Derek were still in lock up,Argent had devised a plan so we could get the lichen that would poison the fox inside of Stiles.

"Did you have any trouble with Ikeda?" Argent's voice asks.

"Only minor. The white wolf was exactly where you said it would be. But we have two problems now. First, the lichen is not a cure. It'll wear off in a matter of days." Deaton responds.