Last Chance to Live

Chapter 11

Anna was still in the back seat with her uncle waiting for her brother and sister to arrive so she can be brought home until they figure out how to save her.

"You see the twins?" The young blue eyed Beta inquires to Peter.

Peter checks and responds. "No. But I see the Argents." He growls his voice having a harsh edge to it.

A howl sounds in the distance making the Chris and Allison stop. "What is it?" Allison questions.

"A retreat." Chris replies to his daughter.

Isaac watches the family and begins to ask Peter another question. "Not to bring up uncomfortable memories, wasn't the last time you saw them the time you killed Kate and then they burned you alive?"

Unknown to Isaac Peter has already made a retreat of his own leaving Anna with Isaac for her brother and sister to find.

"Hmm?" Isaac says trying to get a response to Peter but when he turns around he's gone.

He climbs out of the car a frustrated look on his face and he runs up to the Argents.

"Where are the others?" Allison asks.

"I don't know. Scott, Stiles and Cora went back for Derek and Jennifer. I had to get Anna out." Isaac responds.

Derek's car pulls up seconds later and he climbs out along with Cora and heads to the back seat of the car that has his youngest sister and quickly retrieves her and puts her in the back seat of his own vehicle with the help of Cora opening the doors for him.

"Where are Scott and Stiles?" Allison asks again.

"Stiles is still at the hospital. He's gonna hold off the cops for us." Derek responds.

He turns to Cora and Isaac while holding Anna. "We have to go right now."

"What about Scott and Melissa?" Chris inquires.

"Jennifer took Melissa." He replies in a choked voice his mind wondering what will happen to his sister and he can't help but that yet again his sister is in danger because of him. We swore to always protect her but he was failing again.

Everyone grows silent at Derek's response. They lost another guardian and it was again someone close to them.

Allison looks up her eyes following the Alpha, realizing he never said what happened to Scott.

"What about Scott?"

Derek catches her eyes but looks down and proceeds to put his sister in the car and then climb in when Cora starts to follow in suit, but they're both stopped again.

"Derek, where's Scott?" She asks but it sounds more like a plea.

Derek stops dead in his track and turns back to face the young huntress.

"With Deucalion."

+

Anna coughs black blood staining her pink lips as she struggles to stay alive. Derek watches her refusing to leave her side searching his mind desperately for a solution he couldn't lose her. Not again.

Cora stands beside him. Her eyes glistening with tears, she struggles to find the memories of her sister when they were young anything to keep some hope for Anna. She couldn't think about her being gone. She had to focus on the fact that Anna was still alive.

Isaac comes and stands next to Cora. His eyes looking over the body of his best friend. Hopelessness sinking in.

"She's dying, isn't she?" Isaac chokes out.