Better Than A Baseball Bat

Chapter 10

The storm roared and crashed like a nearby battle. The storm that the pack had been throw into. It's power making the hospital shake and trees fly into the window. A deadly storm all caused by the monstrous creature known as the Darach.

The storm's rage rattled on as Anna Hale lay unconscious in her hospital bed with her uncle, staying by her side dabbing her head trying to take care of her, when he had no idea how to help her.

The pair's relationship may have been in ruin, but Peter still tried to fix it. He still cared for Anna. Even if she did everything she could to push him away. She did deeply miss the closeness of her family. But that was a secret she kept buried in her dark heart.

The hospital was wracked with panic and chaos. The evacuation was taking place and Anna was still in her bed waiting.

Peter looked worriedly down at his young niece. Anna's eyes fluttered. “Peter.” Her chapped lips croak out only loud enough to be heard by his acute werewolf hearing.

“Annie?” Peter mutters. But her eyes stay closed her pale skin still covered in sweat. Nothing changed.

Peter finally fed up with no one taking care of Anna beside himself yells.

“Anyone want to tell me when they're getting my niece out of here?” He demands.

He spun back around and wiped the sweat from Anna's brow.

“Sorry but she wasn't uh...” The voice that belongs to Melissa McCall says.

Peter turns around and slowly backs into the shadows. Melissa was the last women Peter went on a date with. And they haven't seen each other since his nephew slashed his throat ending the former Alpha.

“You're supposed to be dead.” Melissa mutters in a shaky voice.

“I get that a lot actually.” Peter states. Mostly from his youngest niece. Who taunted him about dying in a hole.

The monitors attached to Anna started to beep frantically She gasps and leans over the bed to vomit black blood with something hidden in it.

+

Peter Hale's phone rings while he watches his niece while her eyes fight to stay open.

He answers his phone to see it is his nephew Derek Hale.

How is she?” Derek questions.

“It's not good. She's in and out of consciousness. She's vomiting up black blood along with one other alarming substance.”

“Mistletoe.” Derek mutters.

“How did you know that?” Peter inquires, but the line goes dead.

+

The rain was pouring down like bullets on Stiles, Scott, Derek, Cora and Jennifer as the marched into the hospital to protect Anna.

Derek's grip held fast to Jennifer Blake his anger boiling at the fact that Jennifer was the one responsible for his sister's condition.

Cora marched behind her brother next to Stiles and Scott.

+

Anna's flashback

I was creeping up the stairs my mother and uncle were fighting.
“Talia, they will come after your children!” Peter exclaims.

“Peter calm down.” My mother's voice sounds calm.

I shrink back.

“No, Talia! Listen to me they are in endanger and you are making us weak.”