Missing In Action

Chapter 6

My phone starts ringing in the middle of the night, I roll over in my bed, and reach out to grab my phone. It's Isaac calling me at 3 in the morning. "Someone better be dying." I answer.

"Anna, Stiles is missing."

I jump out of my bed, holding the phone with my shoulder to my face, as I change into a pair of ripped black jeans.

"Isaac, what are you talking about? How do you even know he's gone?" I inquire my voice catching.

"He called Scott, and tried to get him to promise not to call you, or the Sheriff."

My heart drops to the ground. "I'm going to get Derek, I'll meet you at his house. Keep me posted if anything changes, we have to find him."

I hang up, and my breathing quakes trying to stop myself from crying.We have to find him.

I pull on my flannel shirt and pull on my boots and sprint downstairs."Derek, wake up!" I yell.

Derek shoots up. "What? What's wrong?" He asks terrified.

"Stiles is missing." I reply.

+

Derek drives to the school, while I run to Stiles'. I get there to see a car, and a dirt bike already in the driveway.

I run up the stairs into the house and throw the door open. Scott,Isaac, Aiden and Lydia are all here and they turn to look at me as I run in.

"Anything?" I ask out of breath.

Lydia shakes her head at me. I turn to look at Scott. "Why didn't he want you to tell me?"

"He didn't want to worry you." I scoff and bite my lip. How insane does he have to be to know that is a horrible idea.

I look toward the bed, and I see a pair of scissors jammed into a pillow with red string wrapped around everything. I walk toward it."He uses red for unsolved cases." I point out.

"Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case." Aiden suggests. I hate him here, I don't trust him and don't want him anywhere near Stiles.

"Or is an unsolved case." Isaac suggests.

Lydia turns around to look at us. "Hold on. You don't know where he is?"Lydia demands.

"What did he say when he called you? I know absolutely nothing about what is going on and it's starting to piss me off." I say.

"He said he is in an industrial basement somewhere." Scott replies.

"We came here to get a better scent." Isaac adds, same idea I had.

"What else did he say?" I inquire.

"Something's wrong with his leg. It's bleeding." My hand goes to my mouth and tears form in my eyes. He's hurt and alone and no one knows where he is, my blood turns cold.

"And he's freezing." Isaac adds.

"Tonight's going to be the coldest night of the year. It's going to drop into the 20s." Aiden points out.

If we don't find him he'll die.

"What did his dad say? You told him right? Like how you told me even though he asked not to." I inquire.

"We kind of...We didn't tell him yet." Scott responds carefully.

I narrow my eyes, about to say something but Lydia beats me to it. "Stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't tell his dad?"Lydia demands.