Security System Failure

Chapter 5

Isaac, Allison and Scott were going to talk to Argent about what he knew about the ninja's that nearly turned our asses into sushi.

Since Scott seemed to be their target, right before the sun came up. Derek was planning to basically stalk the young Alpha without his knowledge while I would watch out for him at school, but first I had to find Stiles since he vanished at the party and never answered any of my calls or texts.

I found him at his locker putting books in from his backpack. I stood next to the locker right next to him. He was oblivious to my presence. He shut his locker and then jumped a mile when he saw me standing there with my arms crossed.

"Ah! God! Right you're Derek's sister, totally forgot about that one."He mutters as he puts his hand on his chest.

I raise an eyebrow at him. My face blank.

"So how mad at me are you?" He inquires reading the look on my face like a book.

"Depends on how you explain yourself and your absence." I reply in a dry tone.

"Well there's something I was gonna explain to you and Scott when he got here."

I nod. "Fine." I reply.

He looks at me and puts his hands on my shoulders. "I'm sorry, I was thoughtless, I should have called you and told you what was happening and at least explained where I was."

I nod. "You are forgiven." I reply, I lean up on my tiptoes and kiss his cheek.

I smile at him and he gives me a forced smile.

"You okay?" I ask.

"There's Scott." He answers ignoring my question, he grabs my hand and he pulls me with him to Scott.

+

"So then Anna starts talking about phosphors and the key having chemicals on it, right? And so that made me think of the chemistry closet and the fact that someone had to let Barrow in...." Stiles trails off when he looks up and sees the the writing on the blackboard is gone.

"It's gone. Okay, it doesn't matter though. It doesn't matter. I've still got the key." Stiles says as he jogs past Scott and I to the chemistry closet he tries to unlock it with his keys, Scott looks at me with a raised eyebrow, I shrug my shoulders.

"What the hell?" He mutters to himself as he starts flipping through the keys.

"I had it...."

"Stiles?" I say.

"I had it here this morning, I swear to God, I had it this morning." Stiles exclaims to us.

"The key you were talking about last night?" The young Alpha asks.

"Yeah, I showed you guys, right? Didn't I show it to you?" Stiles answers.

"No, you just told me about it. I never actually saw it." Scott replies.

"I saw the phosphors on your house key." I explain. I look over at Scott sensing he is as worried about Stiles as I am.

Stiles looks back at us and then marches toward the board trying to prove something to us.

"I was here a couple of hours ago. And the message left to Barrow spelling Kira's name that Anna and I both saw was right on the board in my handwriting and I had the key to the chemistry closet."

I give Stiles a look of confusion a wave of panic goes through me. What is he trying to say?

"So you unlocked the chemistry closet so Barrow could hide in it from the cops and then you wrote him a message to kill Kira?" I ask trying to get what Stiles is trying to explain to us.