Derek Does Not Approve

We brought Isaac to the Hale house. Derek was carrying Isaac while I pushed the door open, I felt that familiar twinge of sadness and rage tug at my heart when I first walked in. I swallowed the lump in my throat and followed Derek.

I stood by Isaac watching Derek grab the wolfsbane for Isaac's wounds. Scott took in the appearance of the house. “You guys don't still live here, do you?” He questions. I roll my eyes. “No, dumbass. The county took it over.” I reply.

“But there's something here that I need. It'll help heal a wound from an Alpha.” Derek adds while shuffling through the floorboards. “Yeah, but it did heal.” Scott argues.

“Not on the inside.” I correct.

“You guys gonna tell me who that was back there? That Alpha.” Derek and I share a look I look down at Isaac. “A rival pack. It's my problem. I know you wanna help, and you did. I owe you one. Now go home. Go back to being a teenager.”

I hope I can keep Stiles out of this. Scott goes to leave and I nudge Derek with my shoulder. “Hey, I have an idea on how you can repay that favor.” I send Scott a glance and smirk at him.

+

Scott took off his jacket and Derek glowed his crimson eyes and examined Scott's arm. “Yeah, I see it. It's two bands, right?” He questions the young teen wolf. “What does it mean?” I question from next to Stiles.

“I don't know. It's just something I trace with my fingers.” Scott admits. He draws the two circles in the dust.

“Why is this so important to you?” Derek asks. “Do you know what the word 'tattoo' means?” Scott asks us.

“To mark something.” Stiles replies and winks at my brother. I raise my eyebrow at him, seriously? Do not wink at my brother it's just unsettling.

“Well, that's in Tahitian. In Samoan, it means 'open wound.' I knew I wanted to get a tattoo when I turned 18. I always wanted one. I just decided to get it now, to make it kind of a reward.” Scott explains.

“For what?” Derek asks. Scott takes a moment before he answers. “For not calling or texting Allison all summer. Even when I really wanted to, even when it was so hard not to sometimes. I was trying to give her the space she wants. Going four months later, it still hurts. It still feels like a....”

For once the mention of the huntress, doesn't fill me with disgust I understand Scott, he really loves her. And Derek nods understanding as well. He doesn't even look bothered that he is talking about Allison.

“A open wound.” I finish for Scott. Stiles' hand finds mine.

“The pain's gonna be worse than anything you've ever felt.” “Okay, that's great.” Stiles mutters from next to me.

“Do it.” Scott says determined to get this tattoo.

And with that my brother grabs his blowtorch. Why the hell does he have a blowtorch? I do not trust him with a blowtorch that's like giving me scissors no one would trust me with them.

“Oh, wow. That's a lot for me. So I'm gonna take that as my cue. I'm just gonna wait outside.” Stiles starts to unhook our hands but my hand clamps down on his holding him in place. “You get to help me hold him down.” I state. Stiles' eyes get wide.

Stiles and I move on either side of Scott and put our hands on his shoulders.

Derek touches the flame to Scott's skin and he starts screaming I tighten my grip on him until he passes out.

When that happens, I smirk at Derek. “Hey, bro since you have the blowtorch out...” I trail off. He lets out a sigh. “Where do you want it?” He questions. I smirk at him. Now it's my turn.