Chapter 51

Dove's POV

"Everybody, out the doors!" Workers and staff there were screaming directions, as people ran like mad men.

I tucked my head into Lou's chest, hiding from this seemed right. Her arms around me holding me tightly as she looked around for something, I wanted this all to end. I was never great around people who were loud, or commotions that were loud enough to scare me. Much like this one. Lou didn't know that, but she was doing an amazing job at keeping me sane.

"Dove! Baby look at me!" I lifted my head to meet her silver, a little scared eyes. She looked around my face probably looking for scratches, but I was scared. So scared I didn't want to lose contact with her.

"We have to get out of here. But not out that way." She looked behind me, as I looked back to the main entrance, seeing it absolute run down with people still running out.

The smoke didn't make it down to the ground floor yet, but it was about to as the the ceiling was coming apart, parts of it falling down. One huge piece came right behind our joined bodies, making me hug Lou tighter. Tighter that I've ever held onto someone.

I feared for our lives, if we didn't get out of here as soon as possible, I'm not sure we'd be alive after this ends.

"Here!" I hear her yelling over the load of screaming people that passed by us just now. She grabbed my arm and the other placed on my back, leading us out of this mess.

"Grab that handle and go out, I'll meet you outside by the car, it's parked right up front!" She yelled over all the commotion, but I just wouldn't budge out of my place staying frozen in the same spot she pushed to.

She was turning around, until she noticed I wasn't moving from here. I just looked at her, completely petrified of what could happen if I let her out of my sight. Which I knew what was gonna happen.

"Dove, what are you doing?! I said get out!" Her yelling made me flinch back as I didn't expect it. I was frozen and I couldn't do anything about it. Making me more scared internally.

A look of guilt immediately washes over her face, pulling me by my shirt and into her embrace, as I finally come to it and latch on. I was about to tell her off, and to insist on coming with her. I knew she wouldn't accept, but I'm going to anyway.

"I'm coming with you!" I move my head back to look up at her. Her eyes widened as she immediately shook her head no, I gave her a very hard look making her shy way from my stare.

"Lou fucking James, if you think for a second that I'd be leaving you alone to go through this burning building, well then you have another thing coming!" I screamed right in her face as she grimaced from how loud my voice got next to her ear.

I leaned back to get a look at her face, but all I saw was her breathing hard, looking hard into my eyes, but I stayed my ground. I was crazy for letting her go once, and I sure as hell wasn't gonna do it again. I looked right back at her waiting for a response, but I never got one, as she grabbed me by my head and closer to her to kiss me, as our lips crashed together, I put both my hands on her hands that her were hooked to my head.

disconnecting our lips, we continued to breath heavily against each others lips. With my eyes closed, I felt her tuck a stray strand of my hair, right behind my ear, making me open my eyes and look into her silver ones.

"If anything happens to you Dove, I wouldn't be able to live with myself." She spoke close to my face as I started to get teary eyed. 

"I'd die for you, Lou." I squeezed her hands in between my small ones, as she let me crash right into her chest, holding in my sobs.

"I'd die for you, Dove." She spoke close to my ear, as she continued to hug me tighter when she heard a strangled sob come out of me. I hadn't ever felt this much paining my life, and if I did, then this pain was greater than it. Losing Lou was... terrifying. I'd be lying if I said I was being dramatic, and nothing would happen.

"Watch out!" She suddenly pulled me away from where we were standing, making my reflexes jump in as I latched onto her shirt, as I ran with her. loud crashing from behind me was heard, as I knew what just happened. And it wasn't good.

"Run!" I heard Lou yell as I put my attention back on her and ran where she dragged me. sliding past and jumping over injured people was definitely a traumatizing scene. All the blood I had set my eyes on made me extremely dizzy, feeling the all too familiar lightheaded feeling was terrifying, thinking that I was about to collapse any second, but what came up surprised both me and Lou.

I held onto her wrist to stop her from going any further because I felt as if five of my organs were gonna rip their way out of my throat, she immediately halted looking extremely panicky, I hunched over thinking I was gonna heave out a bile, but nothing ever came up, except for air.

"You ok?" I heard Lou saying, as she held my hair back from my face. I gulped multiple times to make my aching stomach to calm down, to my luck it actually calmed down, making sigh out in relief. That was a very close one.