Chapter 4

I was being dragged down the side walk by Kelly as she told me the girl from the cafe wanted to apologize for her actions.

And I was having none of it. She pissed me off too much for to just accept her apology. And I wasn't ready to face her, not now not ever.

"Please Dove, she just wants to apologize!" Kelly whined and begged at the same time.

"Kelly I said no. I don't wanna face her. She basically made fun of me, so no!" I yanked back my hand, turned and started walking back to the apartment. Seriously most people would just say that it was a stupid argument and just let it go. Not apologize the next day.

I got yanked back to Kelly, "God dammit Dove, knock it off. Your starting to piss me off. I said she wants to apologize." I was about to protest but she cut me off.

"Please Dove, I don't want beef between you two, I just want peace in the cafe. You know all my friends and your civil with them, so let her apologize and start over on a good note." She pleaded.

I took a deep breath and exhaled, "fine."
I gave in. She thanked me and we started walking there.

We got in and the cafe was fairly empty for a Sunday afternoon. I turned my bead to the register to see her standing on the customer side of the counter. She was fidgeting.

She looked up and her eyes made contact with mine. I cringed internally at the screeching butterflies that were flying like maniacs in my stomach.

She smiled nervously and walked up to us and glanced at Kelly then back at me. I gave her a blank expression.

"Hey, I'm Lou."

When she saw that I was not greeting her back nor introducing my self she continued, "Umm so the other day-"

"Yesterday." I cut her off.

She blinked but continued talking other wise.

"Yesterday, I kind of over stepped-"

"You didn't just kind of you did over step your boundaries and you made people laugh at me, do you know-" Kelly nudges me in the ribs and sent a 'shut up' glare towards me.

I sighed, "Proceed."

She gulped and continued with her speech.

"As I was saying, I did over step my boundaries and continued pushing your buttons, but it was just the left side of my brain speaking and voicing my thoughts.
So Dove I am sincerely and utterly sorry for doing that to you." She finished.

In my mind I accepted her apology, it was really sweet of her. But I decided to play with her a little, "Your apology is taken into consideration." I said sternly.

She sighed but smiled other wise. "I'll take that." A small smile appeared on my face.

Damn you and your dimples.

She extended her arms outwards a bit, "Hugs always make people feel better, figured you'd use one?" She asked still smiling. I hesitated at first but then backed down and her hands fell to her sides as well as her face as she stared at the ground.

Kelly nudges me again and nodded her heat at her. I closed my eyes briefly and opened them. I took a step forward, stood on my tippy toes and placed my arms around her neck. She tensed at first but instantly relaxed into the hug and hugged me back sound my waist. The first thing I noticed when I embraced her was the mens perfume she was wearing, I have never smelled that scent before, it was soothing actually. Her strong arms gripped my waist one last time as we pulled away from each other. But the weird thing is that I didn't want to let go.