Chapter 16

Song up there ^^
———

"Yes."

She stared at me, dumbfounded to the fact that I accepted. The thing is, I didn't find it fast, I found it convenient. I like Lou a lot more than I think.

"Really? I mean- are you sure? I can really be a handful sometimes-" I cut her off, when I attached our lips together, and I thought our lips got electrocuted when they met, because I felt an electric bolt shoot down my lips and go all the way down to my abdomen where the throbbing was, and intensified it.

I pulled away, from the kiss, and looked her in the eyes, "There's no place I'd rather be, but with you." I said against her lips as her hot breath hit my parted lips.

"You have no idea how much you mean to me right now." She said gently, and moved her hand up my hips to my waist and slowly locked me in a hug as I immediately hugged back.

The hug felt so innocent, soothing, and most of all, it felt like home. It's like moving to another place, but taking your house with you, so you don't feel strange.

But then it hit me, we're an official couple. Oh my god, we are! Holy shit I'm hyperventilating, uh oh. No no keep it together. Breath Dove, breath. I don't know why but I felt my lungs fail me.

She pulled away and asked me a question I didn't know was coming. "Wanna go back to my place? Or are you tired?" She held my waist, still.

I contemplated the idea, but what if her mom was there? Or her dad? Or her siblings? My mind toggled back on and started asking questions and freaking out.

"Are your parents there?" I asked kinda scared the answer is yes, because I really wanted to go to her place.

Not like that, you perverts.

She chuckled a bit, "Dove, I'm 23, not 16." She said and smiled at my reaction.

"Oh, I just thought... never mind." I sighed and she led me to the limousine.

When she opened the car door for me, and went to her side to sit beside me, she said, "Dove, I want to know something.."

"Sure." I replied and turned my body towards her.

"Do you... uhh... do you still love him?" She asked. I froze in my place as my mind went looking for an answer, and my heart sighed in defeat.

I looked down at my fingers with a sad yet sour look on my face, just pushing as much as tears as I can down. Not now please.

Lou noticed my sudden mood change and lifted my chin up to look into her eyes, I guess if I wanted to be in a new relationship I had to be honest.

"Yes I still love him." I said and her hand immediately fell from my chin and down to her lap. The guilt was eating me up inside.

"Yea I still do care about him and think about him." I continued and she looked down at the space between us.

"But no I don't want him back." She finally looked up at my last statement. 

"Because I have someone better, someone to trust, someone I know will treat me the way I deserve to be treated. I like you Lou, a lot. And I don't want to lose you. Ever. It's really scary to think about losing you. Just the mere thought would send me into a huge tank of questions and sadness." I spoke sadly, and continued looking down at my fingers.

"I guess I was just high maintenance." I mumbled, more to myself. But Lou heard it.

"You weren't high maintenance, he was just low effort." She said softly , now burning holes into the side of my head.