Chapter 3

I woke up to a door closing and voices interrupting my sleep. I lifted my head to look around I was swimming in a sea of blankets. Suddenly hands clapped next to my face from above me. I flinched and looked up to see Kelly and Nina towering over me with amused expressions.

I looked back down as a headache hit me like a train. What the hell? I thought to myself. I didn't drink yesterday what in the world?  

"Ugh." I murmured and buried my face in the pillows and blankets around me. "Oh shit, were you binge watching titanic again? But that movie wrecks your nerves. How many times did you cry?" Kelly asked worry etched into her tone. "Too much.." I mumbled.

"Hold on." Kelly said while giving me a scolding look. I rolled my eyes and regretted that instantly.

"Did you stay up all night?" I heard Nina ask as she took of her shoes and plopped down next to me. Which caused the sofa to shake, resulting in wave of ache coming from my head. I couldn't get a verbal response out but just nodded my head softly.

Soon Kelly came back as she extended a glass of water and some Advil. I sat up slowly and took the pills. I handed her the glass back as I looked up at her, only to notice several hickeys displayed on her neck. From both sides.

She went back to the kitchen, completely oblivious to my analysis. I turned to Nina and grabbed her by the collar and looked at her neck, collar bone and her chest area. They were all covered in hickeys.

She was caught off haired as her cheeks went tomato red.

"So you guys did the deed?" I asked loudly enough for Kelly to hear me. The rustling in the kitchen abruptly stopped for a few moments as Kelly came out of the kitchen and began explaining, more like rambling.

"Dude, chill its okay. Why would I care?" I cut her off. I won't judge her. She's my best friend for heavens sake.

"So your not mad?" She asked confusingly.

"Um, no? Why would I be mad?" I replied. What's the big deal with losing virginity?

"Well since we promised each other we would give it up together and I broke my promise, Dove I'm so so so sorry, I didn't mean to I-" I cut her off by getting up and placing a hand over her mouth.

"Stop. It's okay. And besides, we made that promise when we were like 15 so stop stressing over it." I reassured as she sighed in relief.

I gave her a closed mouth grin, kissed her cheek and sat back down carefully.

We decided to just chill and watch tv, it was 7pm already and I woke up at 5pm.

That's when Kelly spoke up, "Dove, we got a double date tomorrow."

"And you coming." She said. More like stated. But the date thing definitely caught my attention.

"With who?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it, that's not important because what's important is that we scored you a date! Isn't that exciting?" She asked excitingly.

"I will be when he fits my standards." I said while shaping my nails.

"Umm, sure.." Nina said as she shot a confused glance at Kelly. Kelly just shook her head as if Nina got the message she replaced her confused smile with a smile. A brighter - faker - smile with no furrowed eyebrows.

I paused what I was doing and looked up with only my eyes. Usually that intimidated them but they were oblivious to my stare as they both smiled at me.

I squinted my eyes a little and continued looking at them. I sighed as I shrugged my shoulders and looked back down at my nails and resumed manicuring them.

When I was satisfied I threw my nail sharpener to the side and went upstairs to get a shower, because I smelled like a dead farmer. Brush my teeth because my breath smelt like a dead farmers breath and finally do my business on the toilet because my bladder is close to exploding.

I grimaced at my smell as I undressed and opened the shower and waited to for the water to get warm. Meanwhile I got my speaker and put some music on. Once the shower began to get warm I got under it and instantly relaxed. My tense shoulders, my neck muscles, my back, my headache all of them were gone down the drain.

My speaker was playing and that's what woke my up from my stance. All That Matters by Justin Bieber came on and I smiled. That song was my favorite song out of my playlist. I heard the similar soft rock guitar in the beginning and the beat dropped and extreme bass filled the bathroom.

"You hit it right on the head, only be missing my lover," I sang with him.

"Your all that matters to me." I belted at the end and felt the exhilaration from his voice filling my body like water filling an empty cup.

God I just lived his voice. I soon finished as I got out and did my business and brush my teeth, I put on a mask and did my skin care routine.

Then I turn to pause the music only to see the clock on my home screen. It read 11pm sharp. Already? I was in the bathroom for over an hour.

I shrugged and walked back to my room after grabbing my phone and getting dressed and got ready for bed because of sleep deprivation. I payed down and closed my eyes and instantly went into a deep sleep.