Chapter 10

"No Dove, your kidding, it can't be that bad." She returned to the mirror in the bathroom and checked.

"Oh my god, it is that bad." She cried out as she tried to inspect it further. I rolled up my sleeves and stepped next to her.

"Look, It'll only hurt if you think about it. Now where is that needle?" I began looking around the sink area just to freak her out.

"Dove, please don't do this to me." She whimpered. I inhaled and exhaled thought my nose, beginning to get frustrated with the situation. Call me impatient, it's just how I am.

"Okay, we'll make a deal." It's as if a lightbulb went off above my head, I've got the perfect idea that will make her accept.

"No, nothing will make me change my mind about not getting stitches, I will-"

"I'll give you a kiss if you let me stitch you up, before gangrene grows on there." I cut her off and she immediately shut up after I said the word kiss.

"So, where do I sit?" She asked after a moment of silence, and instantly grinned.

I instructed her to sit on the bathtub edge and legs inside the tub, while I got behind her. I got the medical kit but there was a slight problem...

Her bra.

"Umm, Lou?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah?" She answered nervously almost knowing what was coming next.

"Can you umm, would you mind uhh, taking off y-your bra?" I stuttered on my question, my heart beat so loud in my chest, I was sure she could hear it.

"Uh, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable enough to do so." She spoke unsure.

"Well then, how am I gonna stitch you?" I asked unsure about this myself.

After what seemed like hours, with Lou staring off into space thinking about it, she finally gave in.

"Ok, fine." She surrendered. I grabbed the scissors and started cutting, then rolled the fabric off, she didn't wince which was a good sign.

I, then grabbed the needle and medical string and started.

———

By the time I was done stitching Lou, I smiled at my good job.

"All done." I sighed out of relief, thanking god I hadn't passed out, because of my hemophobia.

I heard groaning and hiccup followed after it. I furrowed my eyebrows and to stand as I reached my body in front of her.

Her head was down buried in her hands and I thought she was crying. I grabbed her face and made her look at me, her eyes were watery and slightly red, but she wasn't crying.

"You okay?" I asked to make sure I didn't hurt her. She just nodded her head.

She stood up and went out the tub and stood next to me covering her chest with her arms. "I-I'll get you a shirt." I stepped away but she grabbed my arm and pulled me to her chest. Her hands were now on my hips.

"Where's my kiss?" She reminded me, with a smug face. I shook my head as I reached my lips to hers, gave them a feather light peck and bolted out the room.

"Do you seriously call that a kiss?" She exclaimed from the bathroom. My heart was racing, why was I so nervous? I have kissed her before right? Not even kissed, I've made out with her. Ok this is not helping my case here.

I grabbed some gauze from Kelly's top drawer and went back to my room, only to see her wrapped up in my towel and sitting at the foot of my bed, starting at the ground. She suddenly looked up and into my eyes, "Dove I need to clean the wound." She said nervously.

Oh great, more stripping.

My heartbeat skyrocketed, does that mean she has to get fully naked? Oh god.
I'm not ready, I'm so not ready. Dang it I should've cleaned it before I actually stitched it. Oh my god I'm such a dumbass.

Ok deep breaths Dove. You can do this. I snapped out of my daze to see that Lou was no where to be seen around me.

I walked to the bathroom to see her stripping out of her remaining clothes, it was just her boxers left until she turned around while her hand hugged her chest.

I just stood there ogling her six pack.

"Eyes up here Dove." I looked back up at her, to see a smirk plastered on her face.

I averted my eyes somewhere else, "So... when do we get started?" She asked slowly. I don't get how she's so calm!

I cleared my throat, "Get in the tub, I'll get a soft loofa." I squeaked out. Which was what I was afraid of.

I walked out and to one of my drawers to grab the silky unused fabric and returned to see her in the tub while the water was running. I grabbed my stool and sat on it as I suddenly found interest in the running water.

Dove, focus on Lou please. No time to zone out. My brain asked as nicely as it could. I was so thankful for it. For the first time in my life.

Oh thank god, brain. What do I do? I asked desperately, panicking in my own head.

Clean the wound! My mind said.

Take a bath with her! Then my heart said.

And with that, started a fight. I sighed internally at my non helpful organs, and just decided on getting this over with.

"Okay, can you face the wall for me?" She did as I said then I put the lofa in the warm water and squeezed some body wash, and rubbed it with my hands until it was foamy. I set it aside as I grabbed a medical cloth and put it in the warm water enough to soak it but not to the point that it would fall apart.

God we just barley met and we're already taking care of each other? I thought to myself. It's only been two weeks since we officially met.

I honestly have no problem taking care of her. It's because I like her so much. But she'll never now that 'cause I'll never admit it.

Why you may ask?

I, myself don't have an answer to that.

I gripped the piece of fabric in my hand, and started cleaning her wound from the top.

I was about halfway through and heard a light snore someone from Lou, I neared they edge of her face to take a good look at her.

And indeed she had fallen asleep. I smiled lightly at the sight and decided to go back and finish so we could both go to bed.