Chapter 1

That's Dove by the way ^

Enjoy!

———

Walking down the well sculpted side walk, the spring air softly brushing past my blonde locks. A small smile slowly growing on my face as the heavenly sensation over took every problem that occupied my mind.

It was for a split second where I thought I was alone in this world. Perhaps dreaming. I can't be because I was living. I was living my life. I was content.

My dream state was cut short as a lawn mower started. Are you kidding me? I thought to myself.

"You done fantasizing about your future boyfriend?" My cousin said walking by my side, "Shut up, I wasn't thinking about that." I answered.

"You sure, princess?" She teased. She knows I hate being teased. This is me, I hated being teased, I hated being
Proved wrong. It just took me everything to not just pounce on her and rip her head off.

I just scowled at her in response. "So... the cafe offered a promotion for me." She began.

I turned my head to her, "Did you take it?" I asked.

"Of course!" She answered enthusiastically.

"Well congratulations." I gave her one of my infamous close mouthed grins and side hugged her.

"What's the position?" I asked again.

"Manager assistant." She deadpanned.

"Dude that's huge! Why aren't you excited?"

"No yeah I am, it's just that I can't wait for Carl to finally quite or get fired so I can get the full position." She retorted.

I chuckled wholeheartedly at Kelly. This is how she always has been, very competitive. One time when we were in high school, she actually challenge a popular guy, Josh Martin on who can get the most girls numbers in one day. She ended up winning. To be honest Kelly was a catch, anyone would be lucky to have her.

"I'm going to head there, wanna tag along?" She gestured to the cafe.

"Sure." I replied and we rounded a corner and continued walking.

———

10 minutes later we were standing in front of the cafe. She opened the cafe door for me, I raised one eyebrow, "Such a charmer." I winked at her playfully, "Gotta keep it before I lose it." She quipped back. I chuckled and walked in.

The sent is coffee and vanilla hit my face like a ton of bricks. I walked to the front and sat on one of the bar stools as I took my usually formal posture, crossed legs, both my hands resting on each other on my lap, a straight back and a resting expression on my face.

"The usual?" Kelly asked me as she put her hands in front of me on the counter.

I gave a single nod and a small smile, as she turned her back to me and started towards the cups near the register.

I looked around as I analyzed the place, same pictures, same posters, same lame life quotes. Nothing new.

"Herbal tea!" I heard a barista yell next to me. I cringed at the sound and tapped the table twice.

Her eyes landed on me and gave me a wide smile and slid the drink to me.

I gave her a resting face and grabbed it and stuck a straw in it, all while staring her down.

She smiled one more time and turned back to prepare more coffees.

I put the beverage up to my lips and took a sip. Mmm, I moaned in pleasure in my mind. Just the right amount of brown sugar.