Chapter 12

When I arrived at my collage, it was fairly empty.

I mean no shit considering it's spring break. My mind butted in.

Ignore him, anyways, only two days left of spring break until we go back. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited, waiting for people to praise me and look up to me. It was a great feeling.

As soon as I went into the main office, Mr. Clyde's head snapped up to look at me with a small smile displayed on his face.

"Ms. Bains, to what do I owe the pleasure?" She asked with his British accent, the man was old but not old enough to be my grandpa.

"Mr. Clyde, I see you haven't aged much." I joked as I playfully winked at him. He let out a lighthearted chuckle, and motioned for me to sit down.

"Well, I suppose the purpose of this visit is for the marks." I nodded my head as he began rummaging in one of his files.

He took out a bright blue page and slid it across his desk for me. I lifted the page to see it clearly, and all positions were marked as excellent. Just like Prof. Smith said.

Which reminds me, "um, do you know by any chance, where Professor Smith is?" I asked, crossing my legs.

"No, I haven't heard from him since two days ago, why do you ask?" He questioned politely.

"Well, he forgot to tell me about a co lawyer, or something?" I said and his face instantly lit up.

"Ah yes, look at the bottom of your card." I did, and my eyes tracked down the card as I saw the name.

"Anthony Black." I read out loud.

"That'll be me." I heard a familiar Texas accent from behind me. I turned me head, to see a familiar guy figure standing at the door.

"Oh dear god." He muttered under his breath and at down on one of the chairs.

"Hello, Dove. We meet again." He extended his hand out for me to shake.

"Anthony." I spoke in my monotone voice and took his hand, gave it a firm shake and let go.

"Oh good, you've already met."Anthony turned to the principal.

"Mr. Clyde." He extended his hand out for him, and he took it with pride.

"Ok so, the both of you have a strict training schedule, going into a real court can be overwhelming to a new lawyer, but the two of you will do just fine. I know it."
He spoke confidently, with expectancy clear in his words.

"Read you schedules carefully, and memorize it." He advised.

"Well have a nice day you two." He finalized, and went back to his papers.

Me and Anthony walked out quietly, I folded my papers neatly and put them in my pocket.

"So Dove, according to our schedule, I'll see you Friday." He said with a smile. I smiled back and nodded before going back to the car and drove back home.

———

I got inside the house and it was quiet, except for the tv in the living room.

I dropped my keys on the table and walked to the fridge, there was a pink sticky note from Kelly saying she's at Nina's.

I threw it aside and put some food out for myself, I went to the living room to check if Lou was still there.

And yes indeed, she was there but she wasn't alone. Abby was laying on top of Lou's sleeping body as she snores softly. Aww they could be really cute when the want to. I thought to myself.

I went to close the tub and then kneeled down next to then as I gently shook Lou awake. She opened her eyes and smiled softly when she saw me.

"You should go up to my room, it's more comfortable there." I suggested and she carefully sat up, silently agreeing, and carried Abigail with her.

Once they were out of sight, I made it into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of wine and went back to the living room with my food, I went to open the tv to Netflix and started browsing.

My phone lit up after a few minutes later, it was an unknown number.

Unknown: Hey, it's Anthony, don't freak out. I asked Clyde for your number if that's okay.

Me: Hi, yeah it's fine no problem.

The message went to read and I didn't bother with a conversation.

I was halfway through The LEGO Movie
, when I heard footsteps descending down the stairs. At first I thought it was Kelly, but then remembered she was at her girlfriend's house.

And to my surprise it was Abigail, immediately when she saw me, she lowered her gaze, and then looked into the full sized mirror, struggling to brush her hair.

God she is ripping her hair out. I thought to myself.

After a few more strands of hair discarded in the floor, I spoke up.

"Kid, come here." I motioned with my hands.

"Why? So you could chew me out again?" She asked bitterly, just like when I remain mad after an argument.

"No, so I could help you with your problem." She looked at me skeptically, but then willingly came around. She sat down between my legs and handed me the brush.

I started to slowly untangle large tangled pieces of hair and started combing.

There was silence between us, it wasn't exactly awkward, but it wasn't comfortable either.

"I'm sorry." I heard her suddenly apologize.

"It's ok." I reassured her, I may be hard on people, but I always have the kindness in me to accept their apology.

"It's just... never mind." Her sentence died.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Don't let anything hold you back, it's ok."

"It's just, that I've had a crush on auntie lolo, for as long as I can remember. But then you suddenly appear and sweep her off her feet." She explained.

I smiled confusingly as to what I've just heard.

"Honey, I think it works oppositely." I chuckled.

"Oh come on, don't act like you didn't fornicate." My eyes bulged out of their sockets.

"And what do you know about fornicating?" I asked. At this point I was shook.

"That it's amazing. Especially with girls." She rubbed her hands together.

"God you sound like my freshmen year biology teacher." I shuddered at the memory.

"Was he good?" She asked.

"Define good." I replied.

"Cool, and popular?"

"I mean he was well known 'cause he was a teacher, out as for cool and popular, hell no." She let out a small giggle.

"He seems cool to me, where is he now?" She asked.

"Six feet under the ground." I sighed out.

"That's sad." She shrugged her shoulders.

"For me it's joyful." She laughed and I chuckled lightly.

By the time we finished talking her hair was done. She stood up and offered me a smile, as I returned it she began up the stairs, but then, stopped as if she forgot something.

"You can call me Abby now." I smiled as she continued up the stairs, I looked at the tv to see the movie ended.

"Awe." I pouted.