Chapter 46

It was a shocker to the both of them, I mean it was kinda obvious. I was surprised Lou didn't see me in him, or vice versa. I on the other hand, could recognize that man from miles away.

"..." Lou wanted to speak but let her sentence fall as we walked through the door to her home, she scratched her head and headed for the kitchen.

The car ride here was silent, and the air was filled with tension. To be honest, I was uncomfortable too, it's just that I've seen him so many times in my life, I got used to seeing him. I don't know if that makes sense, but my only concern now is Lou, and how or if things would change between us. That I was terrified of.

"..Lou?" I called out softly, as I saw her taking out a bottle of beer out of her fridge, and popping the cap open with her teeth, then took a big sip and set the bottle in front of her, while she looked into nothing, lost in her own thoughts.

"Baby, I'm sorry if I dropped a load on you... please tell me we're ok?" I asked, scared of her answer. I don't wanna lose her, not now not ever, she was my solid rock, and I was hers. She can't get rid of this relationship, right?

I got closer to her but only to flinch, when she suddenly turned to me and looked at me, with this sad look on her flawless face, as if she was in pain.

She engulfed my in a hug, wrapping her arms around me securely, as I hugged her around her back, laying my head on her chest, as she brought me in closer.

"I'm so sorry, about what happened to you, and what he did to you and your mother, Dove." That calmed me down a little, but it didn't cover our talk.

"And yes, sweetheart. We're ok, I can't let you go no matter what." She soothed my hair and caressed my cheek as she led me back to look into her eyes, god how they froze me in place. Her eyes twitched between my eyes and lips, as I leaned in to seal our lips in a soft kiss.

How her lips moved and how they tasted, it's like they had me under a spell. How she touched and caressed every inch of my exposed skin, and how she told me she loved me in the most sensual way possible.

"I love you." She murmured against my neck while I shivered under her touch.

"I love you." I replied back as she smiled widely against my skin while her lips brushed against my skin, all the way up to my lips.

"You tired?" She whispered in my ear, and to be honest I could go for a nap.

"Yes." She smiled and kissed my forehead and grabbed my hand to lead me to her room.

———

When we went to bed, since it's the end of the night, my mind decided to torture me by thinking of one specific event. I didn't see it coming to be completely honest. I really wanted to go to sleep, but this exact thing kept me awake.

I was laying down in bed with Lou gripping me to her chest, as she breathed softly and evenly, I focused my hearing on her heartbeat, how calm it was and steady. I loved hearing it, I loved a lot of things about her. I can't say I have a favorite thing about her because all of her was my favorite.

I leaned up a little and kissed the edge of her throat gently to not wake her up. She really was my solid rock, I love her to no end.

I quietly slipped out of bed, and out of her arms, almost immediately I missed the warmth but I needed some time for myself, to asses this situation. I didn't need anyone helping me, never had. But with Lou beside me all the time, I started feeling the opposite.

My feet patted quietly against the tile floor, until I reached the backyard, looking out into the midnight sky had been always my favorite thing to do when I was alone.