Chapter 22

Song up there^^
———

I strode through the hallways, everyone scurrying away from my way, letting me pass. With everyone's eyes on me, I felt on top of the damn world. I liked the attention and respect.

I looked down at my watch, seeing as though I had less than ten minutes to get to class, I quickened my pace until I was standing I front of my locker.

As I grabbed my folder, I felt a presence behind me, I turned around slowly to come face to face with a girl named Casey, as her locker was right next to mine.

I rolled my eyes, and held my finger up in a waiting motion. I grabbed the rest of my stuff, and motioned for her to go ahead.

Her hands shook as she tried to open her locker. I slammed mine shut and walked to the direction of my class.

Luckily the hallway was almost empty, so no smelly guys and very agitating girls. I opened the door as I saw a few people made it in here in the last five minutes, the students eyes fell on me.

I went in and walked to where Ms. Elizabeth say behind her desk, with reading glasses and papers with a coffee in hand.

She must've felt my eyes on her, because she lifted her head and looked at me as a smile made its way on her face.

I smiled back as I put my work file right in front of her.

"Dove, how was your spring break, honey?" She greeted. The thing I loved about Ms. Elizabeth is that she was a down to earth teacher, not so uptight and she was kinda my only friend in this school, besides Mr. Smith.

"It was great, thanks for asking Miss." I said and went to my desk where I was greeted by some rich people and well respected as I greeted back and sat in my seat, settling my stuff right under my desk.

"Ok people, before we start, we have a new comer. He's been to various law schools from around the world, but then he settled in LA, and we're gonna make him feel like he's welcomed, not like an outsider." She looked at some students who began whispering and snickering between themselves.

Idiots. I thought.

"Anyways, he's gonna be here any minute." She clasped her hands together, and sat back down on her desk, waiting for the bell to ring.

In the meantime, I looked around the classroom as it was very dull with no posters and quotes.

I shook my head lightly and looked down at my organized files, reading over some words on the top.

Shortly after, the door opened and someone walked in. I couldn't care less, as I continued reading.

Slow footsteps walked towards me, as I lifted my head up lazily, to see Casey standing next to a desk right next to me. Putting her stuff on the ground next to her, and her files on her desk. Just like I did. Huh.

I pursued my lips and looked back down, as my thoughts wildly landed on Lou, imagining her next to me gave me butterflies and an upcoming smile wanting to settle on my face.

I kept my composure, it's no big deal. I thought I myself. I'll see her right after this class, so no pressure.

But I really wanna see her. I argued with myself.

Stop whining. My mind butted in.

I furrowed my eyebrows at its rudeness and ignored it.

The classroom door opened again, as an unexpected guy entered. It was Anthony.

My eyes nearly bulged out of my sockets. What the hell is he doing here? Did he sign up here?

I mean really why didn't I think of it? He had court training with me. And in this school. Damn I'm stupid.