Chapter 44

"Why not?" I whined for the millionth time, I really wanted to watch Me Before You with Lou but she claimed she didn't like the movie, even though she hadn't even watched it.

"Baby, I just don't want to." She looked at me with a wince. I made my best puppy dog eyes, and pretended to tremble my bottom lip as an extra effect. And I knew by the dreadful look on her face she already gave in.

"Fine-"

"Yay!" I jumped up on her and wrapped my legs around, while I gripped her head while I peppered her face with kisses.

"If this is what I get for every time you beg to watch a sappy movie with me, then I'm doing it all the time." She chuckled lightly as I giggled and kissed her nose once more before hopping off and dragging her with me excitedly until we were cuddling comfortably on the couch, while I searched for the movie.

I felt Lou's hand brush my hair aside while I was flipping through the movie list, placing a gentle kiss on the nape of my neck, making my goosebumps raise. Shivering from the sudden action, as I felt her smirk against my skin.

"Lou..." I lowly muttered and giggled slightly as she lightly bit me, I turned my head and gave her a small kiss to her lips.

"I love you." She whispered in my ear, as a quick, harsh shiver went down my spine, making me shake in place. My heart was thumping wildly, and my palms were sweating making the remote slip through and land on the couch.

"I love you too." I turned around fully and kissed her properly, as I straddled her waist, while she continued to lay down beneath me.

Her soft lips moved against mine with grace, as if their marking their territory, I've always felt like this when I was with her, she was my knight in shinning armour, that I so often lay dreamt about when I was a kid.

Suddenly, loud knocking interrupted our moment, as I practically flew off of Lou from being startled.

She huffed, and began muttering under her breath annoyingly. I sat on the couch, but then decided to follow her, as she opened the front door, a scared Anthony came into view, making grow worried and anxious.

"Anthony? What's wrong?" Lou asked hurriedly and stepped aside to let him in. I was shaking, because his face screamed 'not good'.

"It's... the boss. He engaged in a fight with their head honcho, and now the two sides are head bumping and soon enough, it's gonna turn into a blood bath." He rushed out as he continued breathing rapidly, eyes panicky, and his hands clenching together hard, turning his knuckles white.

Lou looked back at me, then back at Anthony.

I was shocked to say the least, was this what I thought it was?

"What was the fight about?" I found myself asking.

Anthony looked at me and then answered, "The boss wanted to purchase land, but they wouldn't let him."

I thought about this. There has to be a deal breaker in this, as to who started the fight, who had the land in the first place.

I knew how to solve this.

"Let's go." I said suddenly and Lou looked back at me like I'm crazy.

"Are you insane? They'd kill us Dove, and especially you." She exclaimed loudly, her voice booming through the house.

"No, there's still rationality to this situation, they all have brains, let me trigger them to use their brains, Lou. That way no one has to die." I spoke with a firm voice, with a little hope for this to work.

She looked at me with pleading eyes, to not go with her and Anthony, but I stood my ground.

She took a deep breath, and nodded her head as Anthony went to the car while me and Lou put on our shoes and continued to sprint outside to his car.

We got in and slammed the doors behind us, as Anthony wasted no time and quickly drove us to the destination.

———

"I know you're thinking about it."

I heard Lou say from beside me. We were sitting in the backseat, her arm around me and randomly kissing my temple and telling me how much she loved me. It felt extremely good. I sighed as I instantly knew what she was implying on.

I have been on a rampage in my brain, trying to figure out why she tried to kill herself after a certain little problem that occurred in the past. But that was months ago and I just didn't understand why.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, and quite frankly I didn't know what I was apologizing for... it just felt right.

"Don't be, I know I have to explain something to you when we get home, ok?" She kissed my cheek lightly which eased my nerves a little and made me sigh in happiness, as I nodded slightly leaning on her.

"We're here." After a few minutes of driving, Anthony suddenly announced as he turned off his car, as we all stepped out to this extremely massive... building?

I couldn't exactly identify what it actually was, because it looked a mixture between a base, a house, and a normal building. It didn't make sense to me, this place was really nice, why would they want another one?

"After you." Lou gestured to the door, that was now opened. I stepped in taking in the interior which was basically space, on space. Nothing was really cozy and nice, like a couch with a little fire place. It was just kind of... empty. I mean seriously, what was I expecting from people who kill people for money? Besides my girlfriend, who I love so much, it's just too much for me. 

"Come on." Anthony and Lou led me to an elevator, he pushed the up button as the elevator descended down to our floor, opening in a dramatically slow way, in which I felt like I was in a movie.

Once they were fully opened, I saw six guys on the right side of the room, and six guys on the left, guarding a man who's standing in the middle of the room talking to what seemed someone behind a desk.

As we got out and approached the situation, giving me a clear view of the guy behind the desk, having a neck tattoo going down his bulky chest, a very familiar  scar across his forehead.

There's no way.