CHAPTER 5

ALY'S P.O.V

I leaned in to the cupboard to see some Frosted Flakes, one of my favourites.

"so about last night, how're you and Luke, i suppose? " Jenn takes a sit on the one of the stools

"Im fine, he's doing good" i got two bowls and placed it on the counter together with the cereal and the milk.

"Lies" she glared playfully at me

" i bet, before summer ends you two are in a relationship in no time. I could literally see it, the adoring way he looks at you" she clarified, making her point.

"let's just see, " i shrugged. I sat beside her, filling up my bowl with cereal.

"is this your everyday breakfast? that sucks. I don't even like these" she wraps her hand on the cereal box, looking at it as if it's the most disgusting thing in the world.

"Live with it" I jokingly spat.

We talked about celebrities until the conversation got to our exs, and anything really. We end up talking for hours. Also the guy next door that she fell in love with then soon when she started to lean in to kiss him, he said that he was gay.

We said our goodbyes too soon, too bad she had to go finish some errands with her mom.

I decided to go out, since haven't left been outside for awhile. I head towards the nearest cold rock ice cream parlour deciding it was a bit warm. Stepping in, making the bell thats hanging on the door play it's sound. The woman on the counter look up to me and smile and greeted me which i gladly returned. As i was picking a different flavor rather than the usual, some tall lean guy appeared by my side.

"I didn't know you fancy going here" that familiar accent makes me have a weird feeling deep in my tummy. He puts both his hands in his pockets and smile

"I didn't know you did too." i grinned.

I tried my very best stopping myself from having a close relationship with Luke 'cos it seemed like we're best friends, we'd see and check each other how we're doing everyday, sending good nights messages and all.

And I am doing a very horrible job at not being close to him cause if i don't, i will end up falling for him anytime soon. I caught him staring at me, making his cheeks burn crimson red. Making himself look like a fool in front of me just doesn't seem fair, so i playfully winked at him. He bit his lip jokingly and returning the same playful wink i'd used against him. I tried to be serious but i just ended up laughing at his goofiness. The way he bit his lip kept playing in my head and just makes me swoon everytime.

" i'd have one raspberry fields in a small take home pack " i smile to the counter

"and i'd have some triple choc crunch"

"so that'd be both in a small take home pack" the woman on the cashier clarified. We just both nod. I took my cash out knowing the exact amount.

"im paying" he childishly smiled,

"Thank you luke. But no" i just cant accept that even if he's the guy he's the one who'll be paying for me.

"You see, i will be the one paying" he agrues back.

The cashier lady looks at the both of us and a smirk started playing on her lips. I hand her in the money but Luke pushes my hand away.

Luke turns around to the old married couple standing behind us in line.

"may i ask you that, for a guy it is his privilage to pay and not the lady?" He is not serious right now.

"Well i dont see any problem since both of you look like youre out on a date." The old man replies,

"And he is you boyfriend, let him pay. You two really are really cute as a couple" the old lady says with her eyes smiling. "I bet both of you will end up like us."

Luke looked back at me to prove his point and faced the cashier.

Thats it. My heart started to beat fast and my palms started to get sweaty. I wanted to tell them that we aren't in a relationship nor do we look cute as a couple. But it'd be rude and might hurt luke if i said that so i stayed quiet.

I knew that if i argued with him i would lose anyways and waste more time than intended but i didnt care.

"that would be $13.4" he paid then we left.

"So do you have any thing on agenda today?" his hand meets his perfectly messed up hair then continuing to devour his ice cream then repeatedly fixed his hair a couple more times. Which i assume he's nervous, what for? god only knows why I've been observing him too much lately.

"actually..."

"If you feel being pushed to say yes but you want to say no, that's fine i mean you-" he spoke incredibly fast which is very amusing to watch.

"Actually, i dont have any plans " i smile sincerely, assuring him. We continued walking on the streets. Chatting about what company i wanna work at and about our families.

"So what do you have on mind? " he then throws his cup, now empty in the dustbin

"i wanna see Divergent, " seeing I'm just halfway done with my ice cream. Lets just say i wanna savour the things i like instead of gulping it all in one place.

So we come to a halt in the movie theater. I actually find this kind of activity fun especially if i spend it with Luke. But it feels like more of a date to me. In the scene when Tris was in Four's mind, Luke kept on stealing glances from me. When i eventually caught him, we just stared then he started leaning in.

With me left in PANIC MODE i didn't know what to do, since i'd never had gotten this close to a guy, so i tilted my head, ignoring the fact that seconds ago, my face was dangerously so close to him.

"sorry" he mumbled looking to the screen, making it as his distraction. Now i know im not the only one who has embarassed themselve thinking that we'd actually kiss.

"Dont worry. It's totally fine," i smile at him "i don't even know how to actually kiss someone anyways" i send out a chortle, hearing a faint laugh from him.

"if its fine with you, ill teach you" he whispers in my ear, leaving my skin with these damn goosebumps

"but not now. ill be making it much more special than watching in a movie theater" he whispers.

Yaay for cheeky luke<3