CHAPTER 11

After that statement luke has said to me hours ago. I needed help to get it off my mind.

Smiling just by the thought of it i decided i'd go and head down to the nearest store to buy... i dont know. I just felt like it. Like it's calling me to be there.

As i walked out casually with my fit flops, shorts and a tank top, i peered around and squinted my eyes to see a near seven-eleven store.

The cool air immediately hits me as went in and i made my way through the chocolate section. My eyes wandered evreywhere  touching everything. I fiddled with a lot of things today. I saw the lady around her early thirties from the cashier, gives me weird glances on what i am doing. I finally found what i felt buying and whirled arou-

"Fuck" a guy cusses. He reached out his hand to help me up but i ignored. Standing by my own, holding on the countertop to regain my balance.

"Fuck i am really sorry mis-" he looked at me. I  went to look for his eyes to remember those green orbs.

"Alyssa?"he asks, his eyebrows furrow

"Harr-" he didnt even let me finish my sentence as he soon caught me off gaurd and hugged me. Dropping whatever he was holding. He wrapped both of his arms on the back of my shoulders..

"I've missed you" he whispers slowly in my ear as he nestles his chin on my shoulder, crouching a little lower since he's so much taller than me.

"I missed you too." we break the hug and he picks up what fell on the ground.

" i didnt know you were supposed to land here so early" i said, walking to the cashier.

"Well i was supposed to just suddenly appear in your apartment as my surprise" he winks "but seeing that we've bumped in on each other, doesnt mean i cant do it" a smirk played on his lips and sent me a wink. Again. And again.

Now he has turned into some flirting machine who winks everytime he finishes his sentence!

We walked out of the store and i bought myself some ice cream and harry, i dont even know. I think it was a pack of mints though. And yeah, maybe condoms as well.

"So what are your plans frace?" He cocks an eyebrow and looked away momentarily.

"Im free for the day and tomorrow since it's our last day here" i pout

"Last day here? So where are you heading next?" He smiled back to have his dimples on a full show .

"Back in sydney" i smile

"Oh" was all he said but i can feel the disappointment in his tone.

"How about we spend your last night here for a dinner?"

I looked at him gleefully "of course, just text me the deets"

We exchanged numbers since we mostly talk on twitter. He sounded like he's in a hurry so we said our goodbyes not too soon.

I continued walking back but i didnt feel the atmosphere back in my apartment. Besides it's still early in the afternoon. I sat on one of the benches, of course the one away from the visible sun light.

My phone vibrated through my denim shorts.

1 new message

Seeing who it is from.

From Amy, i wonder what does she even want right now.

Babe where are you? You should have seen the way erika flirted with luke.

I cant handle anymore of Erika's flirt-with-luke episodes any longer. She is just so--- that reminds me, what was luke even going to say to me last night?

Which the witch also destroyed the moment after she came into the picture.

I did not, certainly not want the unfinished sentence of his would brood me all day long. Before i could stop myself, i started dialing luke's number in.

A few rings but no answer. So i hanged up. Anxiety took over me once again and dialed it again.

After a few rings, as i was about to press end i heard luke's voice fill the line.

"Ello?"

Shit what do i say? How do i even say this

"Oh, hi luke" i pretend to chirp even though i think im doing bad at it.

"Oh hey"

"So.. I" i paused
"I was thinking, what were you saying last night? ---y'know before erika went up crawling to you?" I tried to joke to lighten up the mood but it seemed he took it as an offensive one so he stayed quiet.

How does he not even see the horns erika was growing?

"Oh" then the line was dead quiet.

"That i-" he paused. His voice shaking, huh why?

".....That i am so -" luke tried to say put he ends up pausing again. He is making me so anxious and if words were like materialistic things, id throw them at him. Let alone hit him with it. I really want those words to come out, just say it luke.

Oh lukey u can b so confusing at times