CHAPTER 22

HIIIIIIIIIII pretty people!!
So my crush is just asdfghjkl

*AROUND DAWN*

I was soon awoken by the sound of my phone ringing.

Checking the caller i.d first, its not even saved.

"Alyssa!"

"Who's this?"

"It's Amanda, i just had to change my phone number." she blunts, but she sounded like she's in a hurry so i didnt make time last longer

"Amanda, Why? Is there anything wrong?"

"I think Mom's dead." Her voice quivering

"That is not funny. Dont say that" i joke. we usually make prank calls every now and then, that twat pranking me again. she wont get me this time. im not even buying it.

WHY AT 3 AM  ARE YOU SERIOUS.

And then the line was so quiet but i do know she's stil there.

"Im serious." She paused "You are the only one that i could count on, please stay with me" she pleads. I changed into sweats and a pullover, grabbing my vans, i ran out to the elevator.

"Text me the address and ill be there in 5 minutes" i hanged up, continuously tapping my foot against the cold marble floor, my patience is now running thin. The lift comes into a ding and i jump onto my car and went to the place i had to be.

The car drive was darker than usual, since not much people are awake at this time except those people who has their night shift.

Amanda is one of my real close friends, she was there when i needed her. Now that she's in need, i need to stay by her side at all times. I arrived at the hospital and went ahead to the room she has texted me.

As soon as i stepped out of the lift, "214" i walked but my pace was fast. "214, 214" i say, out of breath, just pinpointing different rooms.

I finally found the room and knocked, turning the door open i saw that her mom has a lot of things sticked to her, dextrose and all shit i dont even know. She has a lot of bruises covering her upper limbs. The left side of her hair is shaved off and there is this stitch sewed on that side.

I looked around and amanda is nowhere to be seen.

So i sat down on the seat nearest to amanda's mom and waited for amanda to appear.

There is this door that i dont even know the passage to, maybe it's the bathroom. I saw it open and saw a red eyed, pale amanda. She tried to smile the best as she could though.

"Alyssa" she said opening her arms for a hug and i returned it.

I had to think that 'what if i was in her shoes what would i do?' I kept repeating that to myself so i can get down on her level and feel the pain shes feeling deep inside.

I know it hurts her to tell me what happened to her mom but she still pushed to tell me what actually happened.

"W-when i was with Tam my- my boyfriend, some unknown number just called me and.." She was sobbing real bad. I really do feel bad for her, i mean her mom is in coma and it probably damaged her mom's brain and have a huge chance of losing all her memory.

"A-and the girl told me that-"  she started to cry on my shoulder. I just sat there, rubbing my hand on her back comforting her.

"They said that a huge truck h-hit her, the truck w-was about to join in her lane but instead, it actually...." She paused, trying to calm down "A-actually hit her instead"

I wish i could help her right now, with her carying all the heavy burdens she has on her shoulder.

-

I went down stairs to the food court area to buy myself some dukin' donuts. Yum. While i was picking my usual donut someone tapped my shoulder and i whirled around to face a tall, skiny long haired girl. She smiled at me "you're the girl who's with amamda right?" I nod slighty unsure.

"Oh hey! Im patricia but you can call me trishy for short" she smiled enthusiastically "hi im alyssa" i smile back. Grabbing my donut and my change i didnt have any option so we head back together, to where amamda's mom is confined.

I stayed in the hospital for about an hour more before i left. Patricia is amanda's roommate in the dorms and noticing they're really close but there is this pang of jealousy in me since amanda has always been my best friend back then.

-

I started driving back to my place, i put the radio to full blast. Checking the time,

"1:37 pm already" i said to myself. I really like for me and patricia to be good friends so i thought about inviting her to come with me to Erika's birthday, i think she wouldn't mind that i'd bring a friend. I grab a hold of my phone and started dialing erika. On the third ring still no answer. I wait impatiently for the traffic light to go green and for erika to answer her damn phone.

Finally the light turned green and i went straight ahead of the other cars along. My hand gripped on the steering wheel and the other, phone pressed on my ear waiting for erika to still answer my call.

I pull the clutch with sudden force which made me jolt from my seat and had my phone jump away from my hand. The car just stops into a halt.

I started to hear people chattering and so they started to gather around where my car is. In confusion i look down to see and saw open long cuts surrounding both my forearms. I tried to clench my hand abruptly, feeling a painful sensation then it started to get numb. I heard people cackling, gasping and everything was just blurry and.

dont text drive:( but this one's a call drive sooooo
Late update, sorry

x