ƈɦ.10-OH GOD! I DID NOT WANT TO SEE THAT

๑۩๑

๑۩๑

"Persephone!" I'm walking through the corridors of Versailles looking for Persephone. In the real world, I'm sleeping and it's still the same night after what happened with Day. And I really need to talk with the Goddess. I found her in a sitting room and sat next to her.

"I've missed you." She smiles at me.

"I was here last week for the weekly game," I say confused.

"I know but I've missed being with you." She smiles.

"I've been... busy." I shrug.

"Is busy another word for Damon?" She smirks. Sly minx.

"Nooo... It's another word for bio parents, doppelbitches, and... Damon." I nod reluctantly.

"Well, Hades won't be too happy about that. He might let Cerberus loose." She grins.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"He loves you, Ellie. You're like his daughter." She smiles, "In fact, he liked you from the moment you showed up here... In Venice."

"What do you mean?"

"Ellie not every person meets Hades and only worries about hell. They are scared of him." She tells me.

"Why? He's not scary. If you ask me he's like a panda bear." I grin.

"That's what I'm saying. Hades liked your fire. You even snapped at him. Not many do. Only some gods and well... me." She grins.

"Shouldn't I have snapped? I'm really sorry-"

"That's not what I mean Ellie." She laughs amused. Now I'm confused. "Even if he doesn't admit it, he likes that you treat him normally. He liked that you snapped at him. You remind him of himself."

"I don't know if that's a compliment or not..." I mutter.

"Actually I don't either. But since then he gave you special treatment." She says and when I look at her blankly – cause I really don't know what she's on about – she proceeds, "Do you really think we keep watch of the other people who choose the second option? Or give the gifts?"

"You don't?" I ask confused.

"No! There are lots of people who die younger than usual and choose the second choice. It's impossible to monitor all of them. You're the first one Hades let in the Underworld again. Because you were actually worried about not seeing us again."

"Duh. You guys are awesome. And you reminded me of my parents, and you are my parents now."

"And you're like a daughter to us too, Ellie." Persephone smiled, "That is why we gave you our gifts. We love you. And that is why you can talk to me. Not Hades though. At least not about Damon."