Chapter 1

"Uth gayin?"(You woke up?)

"Uth gayin?"
(You woke up?)

Fatima Ali asked. She had just woken up to find Mushk making breakfast.

"Jee bas buhat dair ho rahi hai ajj class jaldi hai aur phir ngo bhi jana hai. Buhat kaam hain".
(Yes I have already been late, today I have an early class and then I have to go to NGO as well. There is so much to do)

"Ajj nahi jao naa kal Rohan ki engagement se bhi late ayi thi"
( Don't go today you came late last night from Rohan's engagement.)

And that is where the pain was back.

"Why do you have to remind me ammi," she thought.
(Ammi=mother)

It hurts, watching the person you loved all along slipping the ring on someone else fingers, the ring which signifies so much. But she had known it all right. Rohan loves Fariya and Fariya loves Rohan and when two people are so much in love they deserve to be with each other, it was so simple yet so complicated.

Why she had to fall in love with him just why anybody else would have sufficed but that is the only thing about love you realize only after you have fallen deeper. Not acknowledging her feelings in front of him was the right thing to do but damn doing the right thing was just experiencing hell. Heartbreak is awful.

Yesterday night was trauma, characterized by beautiful clothes, beautiful ceremony, and prettiest smile but to her, it was simply heart-wrenching. She cried after coming back, she cried the whole night. One night to mourn the love she lost even before getting it.

"Kya soch rahi hoo?"
(What are you thinking?)

"Kuch nahi. Ajj important class hai nahi chor Sakti."
(Nothing. I have an important class today, I can't miss it.)

She murmured while walking away to her university.

The day at the university was awful too, she could not concentrate, everything about yesterday came flashing back and she hated herself for still being in love with him.

The whole purpose of going there last night was to provide a reason for her stupid heart to finally move on, to move on from the unrequited love that never did her good. He was an engaged man for god sake dreaming about him was wrong to so many extents. But her heart never understood.

She was sitting in her free period at the canteen with Fatima, her best friend.

"Are u alright"

"Yeah, Mujhe kya hoga?"
(Yeah, what would happen to me?)

"Do you want me to remind you the reason?"

Mushk averted her eyes.

"Haan chura le nazrein, this won't change any reality honestly. Please Mushk kesi aur ke liye nahi khud keliye move on. I am worried about you. You looked so broken yesterday why are you even doing this with yourself."
(Yess go on averting your eyes, this won't change any reality honestly. Please Mushk if not for anyone move on for yourself. I am worried about you. You looked so broken yesterday why are you even doing this with yourself?)

"As if it is too easy to move on. Aur kal Jana zaroori tha. Don't worry about me I would be fine."
(As if it is too easy to move on. And it was important to go there yesterday. Don't worry about me I would be fine.)

"Fine, nice joke. Your eyes are red and puffy signifies how fine are you. Mujhse jhoot bolne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai."
( there is no need to lie to me)

Just then her phone began ringing, Rohan was calling.

Why was he calling? But she didn't pick. He would start talking about yesterday and she won't be able to bear it.

"Class ka time hogaya chalte hain."
(Class would have started let's go)

She walked into her home at 8. She could hear voices from the lounge. She walked and there he was. Dressed in a casual blue shirt and track pants, hairs disleaved. He looked fresh but most he looked happy.

"Khush Kyun Nahi Hoga obvious hai buhat khush Hoga."
(Why wouldn't he be happy he would be beyond happy.)

"Assalamualikum". She greeted

"Walikumasalam, Kahan thi Bechara kab se intezaar Kar Raha hai. Tum log Baat Karo main coffee le Kar ati hoon". Her mother complained.
(Where were you? He was waiting for you. Now you guys talk I will bring coffee)

"Mujhe tum ne inform hi nahi kiya ke arahe hoo Kyun kya hwua."
(You didn't inform me you were coming. Why what happened?)

"Madam uske liye phone than hota hai. Ignore Kyun karahi hoo."
(Madam you need to pick your phone for that. Why are you ignoring me?)

Kyun ke main tumhein uske saath nahi dekh sakti.
(Because I can't see you with her)

"Kya hwua?". He inquired gazing at her.
(What happened?)

"Kuch nahi. Kya hoga."
(Nothing. What would happen?)

"Tum mujhse jhoot nahi bol sakti. Khoshish bhi kyun karti hoo."
(You can't lie to me why do you even try?)

He said shrugging his shoulders, his gaze nonetheless at her as if trying to read her mind.

Why the hell deos he knows me this much. Ajeeb. She thought.

"Jhoot nahi bol rahi kuch nahi hwua. Thak gayi hoon."
(I am not lying. Nothing has happened. It is just I am tired.)

Rohan put his hand to check her temperature.

"Mushk what the hell, you are burning. Tum kesi doctor ho apna khayal bhi nahi rakhti patients ka kya rakho gi. Tum ne subah se khuch khaya bhi hai kya? Chalo utho hospital chalte hain."
(Mushk what the hell you are burning. Who made you a doctor you cant even take care of yourself how would you care for your patients. Have you eaten anything after the morning? Stand up let's go to the hospital.)

This was the reason for being in love with him, his care. No one knew she had a fever, no one knew she has not eaten anything, but he knew because he could easily read her eyes.

Why could not he see the love in them? She questioned herself. Shaking herself from her thoughts she pushed his hand back saying,

"Sahi hoon. Bukhar hai panadol le li hai therk hojaye gaa. Khana kha rahi hoon. Fikr nahi karo."
(I am fine. I have a mild fever, I have taken medicines it would be fine. I am eating now don't worry.)

He just kept quiet and gazed at her. He knew something was troubling her hurting her probably, but she won't tell. He just hoped she remains happy.
His phone began ringing and Fariya was calling. The smile on his face indicated to Mushk who was calling.

She silently started eating her food while he talked to fariya.

He was never hers and she was foolish not to understand this.