Chapter 2

(3 Months Later)

(3 Months Later)

Mushk had tried her best to avoid Rohan all these months. He was also too occupied with Fariya.
Sometimes she felt due to their particular feelings they lost their friendship, something that used to be so precious to both of them. It hurts, with him it was well just too easy to talk about anything. He would never judge her for her crazy fantasies or any other secret, he would just simply listen and understand and his opinions mattered. One of the reasons she fell in love with him.

She missed him, she missed her best friend. But at the same time, she knew she had the heart to protect. So made herself busy with her studies, NGO and she started a motivational blog. She made herself so occupied with everything to avoid thinking about him. She wanted peace back in her life if not love.

She was revising her lectures when her phone flashed with a name she wanted so hard to forget.

"Hello"

"Salam yaad hoon main me bhool gaya"
(Salam do you remember me or not?)

A voice complained behind the phone.

"Aise bol rahe hoo jaise khud bara phone Karte hoo. You have been too busy in your life to talk to me."
(You are speaking as you call me every day. You have been busy in your life to talk to me)

"Kya hwua hai?"
(what happened)

" Kuch nahi bas parh rahi hoon. Have been busy myself." She taunted
(Nothing I was studying. Have been busy myself.)

"Tanz acha karleti hoo. I know I am not able to catch up with you. Par tumhein pata hai naa baba is business join Kiya hai Tu time hi nahi milta. Par ab promise Roz call karke tumhara dimagh khaunga."
(Sarcasm is on point but I know I am not able to catch up with you. I joined my father's business so I hardly get time. But now I would call you every day and eat your brain)

And that night she talked for hours with him and by God, it felt good.

It was good to have her best friend back and she knew she wanted it to remain this way.

It was after a week that Rohan's mother had called her. His mother was just like a mother to her and she loved her a lot. She wanted her to come with them to Fariya's house to discuss the wedding date and Mushk knew she would not be able to sleep for nights now. She tried refusing but she insisted and Mushk had no option other than to comply.

She was supposed to reach Rohan's home at 7 and she had to get up to get ready. She wore a white Anarkali dress which had thread work at the front. She did minimal makeup and wore silver jhumkas. She straightened her hair and wore her khussas.

She observed herself in the mirror and even the makeup was not able to hide her puffy eyes

Allah why me just why?

But sometimes we have to wait to know what awaits us in the future.
And today something was about to change.
•••••