Last Chapter

Jaana tumhein to hai teh bata jaani
Ke aye zindagi kaise banti suhaani
Mujhe har pal tere sath rehna hai

Tu kuchh adhoore se
Hum bhi kuchh aadhe
Aadha aadha hum jo dono mila dein
To ban jaayegi apni ik zindgaani

Yeh duniya mile na mile humko
Khushiyan bhaga dengi har gham ko
Tum sath ho phir kya baaki ho
Mere liye tum kaafi ho

Yeh duniya mile na mile humkoKhushiyan bhaga dengi har gham koTum sath ho phir kya baaki hoMere liye tum kaafi ho

Silence, pin-drop silence. 

She kept looking at him and he kept looking at her.

He and her. Both were the same. 

"Why couldn't you figure it out early?"
A light whisper, a voice of complaint.

And he did wonder why didn't he? Why couldn't he recognize love in her eyes? For him.

He wished he could, he wished he did. He wished she told him that.

So many wishes. But one worst thing about wishes is... Well, they are wishes.

Unfulfilled and leaving you discontented.

"I think of it every day, for a week now. I used to flex knowing you so well, knowing love so well, knowing right so well. But God I was so dumb, I couldn't see something that was always there in front of my eyes."
He chuckled painfully on that.

And she just looked at him in pain. She wasn't comforting him, telling him it was okay when it was not.

That was the fire that had been burning her for so long, her burns still ached, the blood still oozed out of them, except they couldn't see the wound.

"I came to you that day in college to tell you I love you, that love had happened to me and out of every possible human it happened with you. But before I could utter those words you hit me with your words, your confession, confession of love. Something that I wanted but it wasn't for me."

And she paused looking at him who looked at her in pain, his eyes watering as well.

"My heart hurt seeing you both together, I wanted to tell you but I feared it would ruin our friendship. I was so afraid to lose you that I agreed to accept what little you had to offer. I lied when I said that I married you because marrying a friend was better than marrying a stranger, I married you because I loved you. Nothing more nothing less. Just love."

This was something she always wanted to let him know, the hurt, the fact. The pain that this love brought, the suffering she suffered.

She always did.

And his eyes sting at the pain which was so evident in her voice, something which he brought.

And he said something he wanted to say from that day.

"I don't deserve this much love."

"Maybe you don't."

She agreed and his heart sank at that.