Chapter 8

First of all the reason for this surprise update is, THE WAY WE WERE ONCE has crossed 1k reads. This is huge for me, I was very shy and scared writing this story. But alhamdulillah all thanks to you all, I made it through it. You all are amazing. Your comments make my day. Thank you so much.
So here is a surprise update, with a bit of romance in it❤️❤️.
•••••••

Both of them lay together on the bed with an inch distance between them, their faces on the opposite side. Both of them were trying to sleep, struggling to close their eyes but sleep was adamant not to bless them anyway.

It was surprising, they both were so tired yet could not sleep. The human body works in a very different way, things don't happen as they should.

Both of them turned towards each other and said together,

"Mujhe need nahi aa Rahi hai"
( I can't sleep)

And then laughed together at the coincidence.

"Yaar Rohan need Kyun nahi aa rahi hai?"
(Rohan why can't I sleep).
Mushk complained whining.

"Neend se phooch ke batata hoon."
(wait I will ask sleep itself)
He acted nonchalantly.

Mushk just narrowed her eyes at him. With an, I am done expression on her face. Who would endure a bad sense of humor?

"Yaar choro terrace par Chalte hain"
(leave this let's go to the terrace)

He held her hand and dragged her to the terrace. Knowing she would refuse because she is too lazy to move. This girl was crazy.

While Mushk wanted to hit his head for dragging her but she could not shout at 3 am.

Badtameez ko baad main batati hoon
(ill-mannered, I will see him later)

Looking at their hands she thought how just a few hours ago their relationship had changed, they had been tied in an eternal relationship, and even though for Mushk it was her dream, however, it still felt so unreal and fictitious.

It is funny how life functions, unite someone with someone who was never supposed to be there, to begin with. We all are stupid when we think we have actual control of our lives. When in reality we are just mere characters of a story written by God, characters that are bound to act the way destiny wants it to act.

But she was grateful even though their relationship had changed but apart from the initial awkwardness they were still the same. Nobody could say they were spouses because they still behaved like best friends but still, a part of her wanted a normal happy marriage. The one that consisted of shy smiles, accidental touches, newfound intimacy, and a sprout of love growing in their hearts.

No matter how much uniqueness we want but some part of us will always crave normalcy. Something not extraordinary but something just normal and simple. Without any complications, any hidden motives, and any turmoil.

She shook her head out of these thoughts she was now being nashukri ( ungrateful).

She then looks at her surrounding to spot that they had reached the terrace.

The favorite part of Rohan's house was the terrace. It was spacious and so well constructed. The night filled with the stars and the moon shone above them. For Manahil, they had placed a swing in the corner of the terrace, something which Mushk loved. They would mostly spend their time on the terrace when Mushk would visit. She would sit on the swing and Rohan would play his guitar, singing their favorite songs.

Both of them would always argue on who should sit on the swing and it would always be Mushk. Because according to Rohan, aurtoon se koi nahi jeet sakta ( no one can win from women). Mushk would always laugh at his statement and sulking face. It was a treat to watch.