Chapter 7

He entered his room tired, having an actual wedding was tiring. He was exhausted by all the work and having no brother meant he had to work on his wedding. So unfair!

But he can't let his father do all the work so he has to help him.

Their parents had fixed the wedding after a month only as if afraid that they would change their minds. We can't take risks, his mother had said, when he argued over the dates. And can we even argue with our parents? And the answer was No. He had chuckled thinking this.

Well, both Mushk and he wanted an intimate wedding and their parents have surprisingly agreed, don't be amazed because an intimate wedding according to them consisted of inviting a thousand people. Sigh! According to his mother, they have still not invited so many people. Like to be honest he would know only a hundred of them, the others come for gossip or food. But desi parents I swear!
He muttered.

Today was their Mehndi and it was a ladies-only function and boys especially him, the groom was not invited. Like who does this even it was their wedding not Mushk only marrying herself. He was frustrated and cranky, he wanted to go and have fun rather than sulking in the house.

Is this the only reason? His subconsciousness mocked.

Ok, I wanted to see her. Meri hone wali biwi hai Haq hai mera
(She is my to be wife I have a right)
His heart argued.

Just then his message pinged. He opened the inbox to see the message from Manahil.

Bhabi is looking so pretty Mashallah se. Picture mil sakti hai waise
(Bhabhi is looking so pretty. You can get pictures just by the way.)

"The tease, Mujhe blackmail Kar Rahi hai"
(The tease she is blackmailing me)
he muttered dejectedly.

iPhone 11 kal tak mil jaye gaa.
He agreed to know what she wanted.

Promise?
The reply was instant.

Promise meri maa.
(Promise my mother).
He replied exhausted and excited at the same time.

Ok, here you go enjoy😉

He shook his head at the wink. His family was legit crazy!

The picture took a while to download. While he waited patiently. Note the sarcasm.

When he finally saw her picture he was awestruck. She was beautiful but here she looked out of the world. The lemon color suiting her fair complexion. The flower jewelry added to her innocence and help radiate a distinct happy vibe. She was a sight to behold. Her hands were covered with intrinsic henna designs. She looked happy, the constant smile on her face indicated that.

He was blessed, he knew that

He was blessed, he knew that. He thought with a smile.

Closing his phone he sat on the couch.

Someone else was supposed to be here. Someone else was supposed to dress up as his bride. Someone else was supposed to have his mehndi on her hands. Someone else was supposed to be married to him.