Chapter 10

Tum the ya geet goonje fizaon mein theTum the mile ya mili thi manzileinTum the ke tha jaadu bhara koyi samaDo pal ruka khwabon ka karwanAur phir chal diye tum Kahan, hum Kahan

Tum the mile ya mili thi manzilein
Tum the ke tha jaadu bhara koyi sama
Do pal ruka khwabon ka karwan
Aur phir chal diye tum Kahan, hum Kahan

•••

The next morning had come rather slow than it was supposed to be, why is it that when we want time to move faster it proceeds slowly like a snail, Mushk thought exasperated.

Sleep had not been bestowed on her because she missed a certain sleeping arrangement. It's funny how in just one day Rohan had become her habit.

But still, she remembered her plan she was not going to let the matter go so easily. He would have to face her wrath and honestly, she wanted to see what he would do to earn her forgiveness. Like jokes aside but teasing was fun. She thought giggling to herself.

Stepping downstairs in her pyjamas she was startled to see the glimpse of a white shirt man whose face was neatly shaven and hairs perfectly gelled back. His signature Cologne could be smelled from where she stood. He sat on the dining table munching on the breakfast talking with her father.

Is he here already?

She now got why her mother was calling her, walking towards the dining table her mother glaring at her in disappointment, for her attire. While she just glanced at her helplessly which clearly said I have no-fault. She probably looked sleep-deprived zombie in her pink kitty pyjamas and her hair looked like a birds nest. Now it was not her fault that Rohan was dressed like Greek God.

On the other hand, Rohan watched the whole exchange amusingly, trying hard to control his laughter. He didn't want to screw things more than they already were.

Mushk had sat beside Rohan and started eating her breakfast, breakfast at the Ali house was a peaceful affair. After breakfast, Mushk had quickly changed into something presentable. Then she and Rohan had left as Rohan's mother had planned a dinner feast for her relatives, as welcome dinner for Mushk.

••••

After being seated in the car, Mushk had continued her act. Ignoring him while he continued glancing her way from time to time. Initiating talk on which she would give a one-word answer, ruining his efforts.

When Mushk saw that he had changed the route she looked at him curiously.

Yeh kidhar lekar ja Raha hai. Yeh mujhe kesi deserted road par tu nahi chor de gaa.
(Where is he taking me? Would he leave me alone on a deserted road?)

She looked at him horrified who continued driving the car peacefully.

No bhaii starplus brain stop.
Her sanity remarked.