Chapter 9

The summer sun shone, spreading its light in the whole horizon, announcing the morning's arrival

The summer sun shone, spreading its light in the whole horizon, announcing the morning's arrival. Some of the light seeps through the curtain onto the couple who slept peacefully, entangled with each other.

Mushk

The brightness caused me to force my eyes open.

Itni jaldi subah hogayi. Ughh!!
(Is it morning already?)

I still laid debating to get up or not, weighing the pros and cons of sleeping late.

How did my pillow become hard isn't it supposed to be soft?

I raised my head to check my surrounding when a thing particularly a face caught my attention.

Ohh haan I got married kal, I am in my new room, on a new bed and with my new husband.

(Ohh yess, I got married kal, I am in my new room, on my new bed and with my new husband)

WAIT, WHAT??

I looked at the face again this was my new husband.

New husband? Who was your old one then?
My subconsciousness remarked.

Shaking my head I again turned my head towards that particular someone. Who was sleeping rather very peacefully?

His hand wrapped around my waist, bringing me closer to him. My legs entangled with his, and my head was nearly above his chest, which explains the hard pillow.

I raised my head a little more to have a better view. His minty breath was sinking on my skin, his hairs disleaved and some strands were touching his forehead.

Sote hwue Kitna acha lagta hainaa.
( he looks so good while sleeping)

I thought with a lovestruck smile on my face. My fingers worked on their accord removing his hairs strands, to have a better view.

Tumko Tu jaagte hwue bhi buhat acha lagta hai.
(You find him good looking even when he is awake)
My heart debated.

"Take a picture it would last long."

Suddenly a loud voice boomed in the room and I moved back horrified. The person I was busy admiring a second ago, laid on the bed with his eyes opened. His eyes full of mischievousness, teasing me on my act that just transpired.

Ya Allah, he was awake. Ab mera dimagh Kha jayegaa tang kar kar ke.
( Ohhh Allah, he was awake. Now he will eat my brain by teasing me.)

I thought cursing myself for this stupidity, turning my head on the other side. My cheeks warming up as blood rushed to it due to his examining stare.