Chapter 16

Kahte Hain Mohabbaton MeinDil Toot Jate HainSath Sath Chalte HainPhir Vohi Roth Jate Hain

Dil Toot Jate Hain
Sath Sath Chalte Hain
Phir Vohi Roth Jate Hain

•••••••••••

He stood on the balcony, his knuckles turning white due to his aggressive hold on the railing. His mind revolving around whatever happened. A certain tear struck face revolved in front of his eyes, her sobs resonating in his ears, the agony and disappointment in her eyes were making his insides churn harshly.

"Stop hurting me please, I am tired"

He knew she was referring to something else, something that she wanted to scream, something she could not utter and he knew that something was related to him. He hurt her, he knew that but it felt her words just not reflected the anguish of today, it seemed deep-seated like something buried from years. Something which was showing its effect till now.

There was a time when they would read each other's eyes and know what was wrong with the other person, they never needed words their emotions were everything. Their friendship gives them the power to easily see through each other's facade and fight all the darkness for the other one. He missed that.

However he knew one thing, her tears hurt him, her anguish pained him, not finding her caused never-ending chaos in his mind, her burn injured him, her words sliced him like a merciless dragger.

She was beginning to mean everything to him in just sheer duration. And he was frightened, love snatched his everything once, it brought him down to his knees, it made him defenceless and it shattered his heart into zillions of pieces. And even though he knew she was not like her but he also knew love brings pain. And he could swear on anything, pain in love was unthinkable. And he didn't want to go through it. Again.

A clearing of the throat brought him back to reality. His father stood on the threshold with two mugs of coffee in his hands. Parents are precious, they know what struggles their children go through, they easily read your mind because they know what you are and what you would do. His father knew he was tormented, hurt and angry. And he knew he has to be there for him.

"You know when I first saw your mother, I was awestruck, she carried herself with so much grace and perfection, her confidence was her tool. Ours was an arranged marriage ammi saw her in her friend's wedding and all the typical arrange marriage followed. She was very innocent yet intelligent when I first saw her clad in the red bridal attire I was instantly drawn towards her. Muhabbat nahi hwui thi haan attraction thi. Saari Zindagi Apne khwab Poore karne main lagi di, Pyaar waghira sab mazaak lagta tha, shaadi bhi ammi ke majboor karne par ki thi."

(I was not in love with her but I was attracted to her. Whole life I worked hard to fulfil my dream. Love seemed a joke, I even got married on my mother's insistence)

And Mr Ahmed lightly chuckled, while Rohan just passed him a small smile. Growing up he had always admired his parents bond, they would fight together and the next moment would pass each other compliments. They were what you call, couple goals.