Chapter 17

Dekha hazaron dafa aapkoPhir beqarari kaisi haiSambhale sambhalta nahi ye dilKuch aap mein baat aisi hai

Phir beqarari kaisi hai
Sambhale sambhalta nahi ye dil
Kuch aap mein baat aisi hai

•••••••••

She sat on the concrete plank on the terrace, donning a yellow shalwar kameez the chiffon dupatta pinned on her side. Her hair loosened and dangling as the wind flew. Her ear adorned with a simple flower hoop. Her mehndi clad hand was spread facing the horizon, the rich colour had been used to make beautiful designs.

Allah, please jaldi sokh Jaye bhook lagi hai.
(Allah please let the mehndi dry quickly I am hungry)

Mushk prayed out aloud while blowing air on the Mehndi.

And someone chuckled from behind, twisting her head in that direction she spotted him, wearing a white kurta shalwar he looked radiant. A plate in his hand with a cold drink bottle in his other hand.

"Bhooki ho tum waise" he teased while walking towards the plank.
(You are such a hungry person)

And she glared at him haughtily.

And he raised his hand in surrender. No one comments on her food.

"Ajj kya hogya hai tumhe?"
She genuinely asked. While he drifted in the past, a few hours back.
(What happened to you today?)

Flashback

The mehndi function was on full swing, everything was so vibrant so colourful, the atmosphere echoed with their laughter, teasing and fun.

They had danced, sang and had blasted the entire hall with their antics.

He was standing at a corner talking to some waiter that an aunty came alongside a guy who looked about his age.

"Arey beta Kaise ho?"
And he looked at the old woman strangely, he didn't even know her. Why is it that all desi people think that everybody recognises them?
(Child how are you?)

But still, for the respect, he answered her politely.
"Main theek"
(I am fine)

The aunty was not getting, I-don't
-know-you-so-please-go, signal neither was her supposedly son picking up the hints because his eyes were adjusted on something rather someone.

"Woh yeh mera beta hai MBA Kiya hai isne buhat achi job bhi hai. Apna khud ka ghar bhi hai. Tu bas hum ek larki dhoondh rahe the."
She completed exhaling loudly.
(My son here has done MBA and he has a very good job. He has his own house as well. So well we were searching for a girl for marriage.)

Do I look like a Rishta aunty?

He thought shaking his head again, still not getting what he was supposed to do.

"Woh beta tum dekh rahe ho purple lehenga main, woh Bachi humhein buhat pyaari lagi hai. Iska Naam kya hai Tu main iske maa baap se baat karoon."
(You are watching that girl in purple lehenga, she is very pretty. What is her name so I talk to her parents)