Chapter 4

The beautiful cover is by authordira_21. She is such a sweetheart. Thank you.

You know how it feels when the world is snatched beneath your feet and you are helpless that you can't do anything. The feeling of being so defenseless in front of the people you had once loved with everything you had, the person you imagined your future with, the person who was once your everything, and the same person who decides to ruin you, use you and then discard you as someone least important.

He had read somewhere, people we love are the only ones capable to shackle our whole existence in just mere seconds.
And he could imagine how true it was.
Fariya was not the woman he loved, she was love to him. She was the person he always associated the feeling with.

The fact that she found it so easy to use him and discard him not only wounded his heart but also broke the trust he had in love.

But he had promised after that one night he would never cry for her, let alone beg in front of her to accept him again. He may have been betrayed by her but he was no fool to trade his self-respect for women like her. That was too precious for him.

He was not going to become a Devdas, he would complete his degree, handle the business and he would accomplish all his dreams.

Sab ko sab nahi milta.
(Everyone doesn't get everything)

He also didn't get love and that was ok. People lose so much yet they desire to live and he was also going to do just that.

Fariya Asad is damned.

He got down in the morning dressed up for his university. He was leaving when he saw his mother.

"Rohan beta tum theek hoo."
(Rohan are you alright?)

"Jee ammi bilkul theek hoon. Mujhe kya Hoga".
(yes, I am perfectly fine. What would happen to me?)

However, it was unknown that his mother has seen his bloodshot eyes. She was worried for her only son. Just yesterday he was soo happy and now he looked so dead to her. Life has a weird way of functioning.

" Ammi meri baat sunyein, usne jo karna tha kardiya ab uska Kiya ho Sakta hai. But I have so much to do and I am not going to sulk in a corner for whatever she did."
(Mother listen to me, what he wanted to do she did that. But I have so much to do and I am not going to sulk in a corner for whatever she did)

"Rohan main usse baat karoongi, usko samjhaon gi. Dekhna sab Sahi hojaye gaa"
(Rohan I would talk to her, I will make her understand. Look everything would be alright)

"Mujhe bheek main milli muhabbat nahi chahiye. Main theek hoon ap fiqr na karein."
(I don't need love for which I have to beg in front of her. I am fine don't worry.)

Saying this he walked away. While his mother prayed to Allah to give him sabr and happiness that he rightly deserved.

Rohan checked his phone and there were thousands of messages and numerous calls from Mushk.

As expected.

He messaged her that he needs some time alone but she was his best friend for a reason. She was there outside his university in her car.

The woman was capable to amuse him at any point, he can vouch for that.

He sat beside her when she drove to the sea view at their favorite spot. It was a rule for them to go there to clear their mind. They got down, purchased fries and coke, and sat there staring at the waves and enjoying the winds.

This was peace, he knew after Fariya he had ignored Mushk, and to be honest he missed her. He missed coming here and he missed talking to her. He missed their friendship.

"I missed you"

"Pata hai tumhara Mera dimagh khane ke begaar guzara kidhr hota hai."
(I know you can't survive without eating my brain)

"Very funny," He remarked.

"Main usse baat karoon?"
(should I talk to her?)

"Mushk main uske baare main baat nahi karna chahta. Humhare darmiyaan Jo bhi that usne kal khatam kardiya. I would be a fool to go after her."
(Mushk I don't want to talk about this. Everything that was between us was finished yesterday by her. I would be a fool to go after her now.)

"Usne Rishta bhale khatam kardiya hoo par tumhari feelings Tu khatam nahi hwui naa."
(She may have finished your relationship but your feelings have not died)

It hurt acknowledging his love for Fariya. But she had accepted it long ago it is just that the hurt never fades.

She had accepted that Rohan belonged to Fariya but whatever happened yesterday made her realise how big of a fool Fariya Asad was.

Tumhare passes woh tha Jo meri har dua ka Markaz tha. Woh tha jis keliye main kitni namazein parhi thi.
(You had something who was the subject of all my prayers. Someone for whom I had prayed so much)

She always envied Fariya because of her he was never able to see her, acknowledge her love. But now she pitied Fariya, she had a gem and she had ruthlessly thrown him away.

"Feelings be damned. I am not going to die for her.

Also tumhein ek baat batani. Mujhe internship ki offer ayi hai Yale se. Baqi ka semester wahan se complete Hoga."
(Also I need to tell you something. I got an internship offer from Yale. The remaining semester would be completed there.)

"Wow, Yale this is a big opportunity yaar. Congratulations. Treat chahiye Mujhe."
(I need treat)

"Pehle Socha tha accept nahi karoonga. Ajj mana karne wala tha acha hwua reject nahi kiya. I need to get away from here. Next month onwards join karna hai. Baqi procedures kal se start honge."
(At first, I thought to not accept it. I was going to reject it today it was good I didn't. I have to join from next month. Other procedures would start tomorrow)

"Bhagg rahe hoo? Agar haan Tu yahan se Tu bhaag jaoge dil se kese bhagoo ge."
(Are you running away? If yes so you would be able to run away from here what about from your own heart?)

"Bhagg nahi Raha bas khud ko kuch time dena chata hoon. To move on. Yahan rahoon gaa tu kabhi move on nahi kar payoonga."
(I am not running away it is just I need some time to move on. If I remain here I would never be able to move on)

What you brought him to Fariya

"Ok but just remember I am a call away. Adhi Raat bhi baat Karni hoo I am here. And don't hurt yourself for someone who doesn't deserve you. You are worth so much more."
(If you want to talk even in the middle of the night remember I am there. And don't hurt yourself for someone who doesn't deserve you. You are worth so much more.)

"Tum nahi hoti Tu Mera kya hota."
(what I would have done without you)

"Wahi hota Jo Manzoor e Khuda hota."
(something which Allah willed)

She exclaimed in a filmy way. And they laughed.

Rohan gazed at her and mentally thanked God for bestowing him with her.

Life was making him crazy but with her, it was all okay because he knew she would always have his back and he was grateful for that.

Not everything was bad.