XXXIII

XXXIII

"Shirley, we need to talk," Prince Alexander muttered when he saw Katherine and I exited the conference hall. He was talking with someone on the phone when we went out, and I did not notice he was already in front of me until he spoke.

I did not know if he returned in England this morning or last night, he just said earlier during his report that he had a delayed flight and needed to finish a work that was why he was late on the reporting day. With that, he earned deadly gazes from his parents.

"Alex, come here!" someone shouted behind him.

His Highness looked over his shoulder and responded, "Coming." He returned to us, and spoke to Katherine, "May I have a word with my accountant?"

"Sure," Katherine answered instantly, "Your Highness," she added.

He interlaced our fingers that sent shivers to my spine. He pulled me toward the direction of men talking just outside the hall. I did not bother to look back at Katherine, for the reason, she would only give me different interrogative expressions.

I watched our hands, how his big palm covered mine. It looked too small for him.

The plan suddenly erupted on my brain. Lola told me the most appropriate way to confess to a man. She suggested me the best plan to make a prince fall in love with me even more. It did not involve seduction or any sexual motivation. It was still conservative yet sweet and heartwarming.

Gladly, yesterday, I was able to fix all the things I needed to do, although the suspicious transactions were really bothering me even in my sleeps. Monthly financial reports were easy ones compared to the year-end report. Thank goodness that I still had one month and three weeks to finish it.

"What took you so long?" the man, with light blond hair and attractive gray eyes, asked with a hint of irritation. I recognized him as Prince Oliver, first generation cousin of Prince Alexander. He was the same age with His Highness and also known as a hard-core in bed.

"Then, he brought a gal," a man beside us said, Prince Matthew. He was, on the other hand, the second generation cousin of the royal siblings. He was tall and had a tan skin because of his half African half British mother. His stunning brown eyes bore on me, as if observing every fats I had.

"Back off, Matt," Prince Alexander warned his cousin, and pulled me behind him. Still holding my hand. "Look at her again and I'll put bruises on your eyes."

Prince Matthew snapped his head on his cousin and smirked, "Oh bro, easy," he raised his hands defensively, "Don't worry, won't take her away from you."

"So, are you in, Alex?" I peeked on Prince Alexander's broad shoulder blade to see the one who spoke. He was William Cox, the son of King Gregory's only sister, Princess Mary and her husband, John Cox. He was the youngest of the group, I thought. Standing at his side was Prince Nicholas, who was only listening to the conversation. There were other two standing on the opposite side of William.

"I'm going to think about it," Prince Alexander responded flatly.

"It's only once in a year, you should come," Prince Nicholas implored.

I got nervous when he said that because of what happened last month between them in front of me. What would their cousins do when that same scene happened again? I squeezed Prince Alexander's hand, and his grasp became tighter.

"There is a work I need to finish," Prince Alexander said in a normal tone.

The future King of England chuckled, "Come on, Alex, you can do it later. I'll help you if you want."