XLIV

(A/N: Hello! Ola! Annyeong! Moshi moshi! Kamusta? I'm sorry for the long (super) wait for this chapter. It took me 5 months to update again. First, my laptop wrecked as in I haven't access my files for months, goodness, all my stories are there, but fortunately, I got it. Then, my entire semester sucked. I was in school for the whole day, and study the whole night so I have no chance to write. I'm happy that few days from now, semester break will come! I miss you so much that's why my author's note is so long. I hope you enjoy this chapter. And, don't worry, my next update won't take months again. Maybe tomorrow or the day after it. Enjoy!)

XLIV

My sight disregarded Leilanie Jayei's face because it noticed the picture behind her. It was made of expensive stone frame and the image showed how happy the newly wed was. Ella's smile was almost irrevocable while Isaac suggested something the night after their wedding.

I suddenly wondered if there was already a hard copy of my wedding's picture so I could slap it on Leilanie's face.

How I wish I could do that.

How I wish she would get angrier if she learned about my wedding with Alexander.

She advanced to me and I did not see that she had something in her mind. She stopped just inches away from me and I felt her hand slapped my cheek.

"Don't ignore me, you whore!" she shouted and I heard sharp gasps from the other women in this room, "Even though you rounded Alex's brain for the past few days, it doesn't mean that you're above us! You're not yet a princess, whore!"

Whore? Was that how she saw me? Was that how other people also felt for me? A relationship with Alexander was giving me an appearance of a whore, was not it?

Don't get affected, Shirley. My subconscious reminded me. She only taunted me or embarrassed me in front of these strangers. She was a socialite and I was nothing. The audience were like watching a superstar and an extra trying to win the leading man's heart. Well, in Alexander's point of view, I was the superstar. However, in front of these rich gals, they thought the opposite.

I could still feel her hand on my face. Supposedly, I was crying right now. But, I wanted to laugh and mock her. Yet, it was still a bittersweet revenge if Alexander was the one who would tell her about us.

Her hand rose again in the air to slap me, but someone caught her hand before it could reach me.

"Stop it, Leilanie," Her Highness's full of authority voice could collapse Warden's mansion.

"Victoria," I whispered and saw how her face raged with anger. Her green eyes darkened and her usual jolly expression turned into disgust.

She pushed Leilanie's arm back to the shocked lady. She could not believe that the sister of the person she really loved would scold her.

"You acted like above everyone else here, have you forgotten that I'm here?" Victoria seriously said, "I'm a princess, you should kneel and bow in front of me then kiss my foot."

"Hey, Tor..." even Ella was surprised of what the princess had said.

She just waved her hand and continued her speech, "Let's face it now Leilanie, I know it's not the right time because I might spoil our party, but I can't help it."

I suddenly became nervous of where this conversation would go. My eyes transferred from one lady to another, and it was not definitely alright if she would reveal what happened last three days. We could not trust everyone here.