XXXVI

XXXVI

Prince Alexander brushed his lips on my neck, while trapping my body with his. He pinned my both arms above my head, while his other free hand went up and down to my waist. His dark blond hair tickled my cheek, while I tried to remove myself from his grasp.

"Shirley," he called me, then kissed me again on my mouth. My bed deepened once he closed the space between our chests.

It was already a month since he sang for me in the Bel Canto Restaurant, and had his unexpected marriage proposal for me. I had no answer that time, because I was stunned by how fast our relationship travelled. We just started that very night, then he wanted immediately a marriage. Even though, I also wanted to be his wife, we could not undergo with that process in a matter of minutes.

Gladly, there was no discussion again about the marriage matter.

It was not yet time for us to settle down. I had a lot things to do, specifically, for my family. I could not build a family of my own if the economic status of my family in Chicago was not yet stable. Especially now that Elena was frequently having a heart attack, she needed to go in the hospital and took more medicines. Almost fifty percent of my salary went to her medication.

I told Prince Alexander about that. Actually, I did not want him to know about my personal matters. However, like he said, since he was my boyfriend, I should tell him everything. To be fair, he would also tell me all about him.

Our relationship was not yet known by the people around us. Only Clarissa and Lola had the knowledge about what was going on between Prince Alexander and I. Lola, of course, was my best friend. She had a right to learn about this. She hated Prince Alexander at first because His Majesty spoiled her plan. But, she recovered now. Clarissa knew everything from the beginning, so there was no reason for us to hide it from her.

Prince Alexander slept in my room every night since the event in Bel Canto. Well, we were just sleeping, no more, no less. He always kissed me, touched me, but never beyond that. He was still respecting me. Although there were times that I could see in his eyes how he controlled himself. He should wait until our wedding night if he really wanted all of me.

He gave pecks on my collar bones, just beside the necklace he gave to me, when my mobile phone rang in the end table.

"Your Highness, a call," I was out of breath because of what he was doing.

"My name," he ordered, as if a lawyer who asked a statement from a witness.

"Alexander, a call," I corrected. One of the results of having him as my boyfriend. He wanted to be called on his name. I was being polite, but he did not care. All he cared was for us to be a normal couple.

He left his position and laid his back on the other side of the bed. I reached my mobile phone and immediately recognized who was calling. It was Katherine. I suddenly remembered that there was a meeting of finance and budget department this morning with the royal family.

I stared at Prince Alexander, who possibly did not care about that meeting.

I answered the call, "Hey, Kath."

"Shirley," her voice was in a hurry, "I'm here outside your room. But your door is locked."

Before I could respond, I felt Prince Alexander kissed the side of my neck. I prevented to moan, so Katherine would not suspect that there was a prince inside my room.

"Are you alright?" Katherine's Asian accent was on alert.

"Uh, yeah," I answered with a sigh.

While she spoke on the other line, Prince Alexander bit my lower lip. "Shirley, the meeting will start in ten minutes. Let's go together, I have your papers here for the report."