XI

XI

"What the heck?!" Lola cursed above her lungs in the other line. I was sure she was pacing back and forth wherever she was right now, thinking about the probabilities that would happen in the future.

I called her during our lunch break. I did not have any appetite to eat something edible, so I stayed in the office and called my best friend. My supportive best friend, take note. I talked to her about what happened in the past few days between Prince Alexander and me. She was like somewhat happy to how braver I was than I could imagine.

She had a satisfied tone earlier before I spit out about my dream. She freaked out, and I was afraid she would eat me alive if she were here beside me. I was thankful she was not here. According to our phone conversation, she gripped her device so hard that I could feel it here from Chicago.

"Lola, it is only a dream, calm down," I told her while picking the printed financial statements from the printer.

"Seriously? I don't care if it was a dream or what, but you still imagined kissing him!" I pulled out the phone from my ear, yet I still heard her cuss using different words.

"Are you done?" I rolled my eyes and wished she could see my irritated face at this moment.

"Not yet! Shirley, he is Prince Alexander the great womanizer! If you will let him use you, I swear, I will care to remove his buddy in the middle of his thighs!"

I laughed and bit my lower lips to stop, "Lola, he's not interested in me."

I got all the printed files from the main table where all the things printed. I turned to go to my table when a pair of green eyes held mine. Oxygen left my lungs and I wondered if he breathed all the air here in the office. My body trembled, not because I was scared, but I was too tense to see him.

My dream flashed back again in my brain. Was the feeling remained the same if I kissed him in the reality? Or was it more intense and passionate?

"Hey, you still there?" I escaped from my fantasy when I heard Lola's static voice.

"Yes," I continued to walk toward my table, and put the documents on top of a folder. I sat on my swivel chair and locked gazes again with the Prince standing in the doorframe, "I'll call you again soon. I have a lot of papers to do."

Prince Alexander walked and I followed him through my stare. I rotated my chair to see where he was going until I realized he was already inside of my cubicle, standing in front of me with the appearance that I could only see on the Photoshop cover of a bachelor magazine.

"I understand, gal," Lola respond, "Be sure he won't get his pet near you, okay?"

I blushed and looked away from the melted gaze Prince Alexander was giving me.

"Shut up," I heard her to start another statement when I interrupted her, "Okay, okay. I won't let that to happen. Don't worry."

We said good-byes. I switched off my phone and put it inside my drawer where all my personal things were inside of it. I turned my back from the gorgeous Prince who was with me alone for the very first time inside my office and after my dream.

He stepped beside me, and leaned back on my table. He crossed his arms and looked down at me. Even though, I had no idea what I was reading about, I kept my eyes on the paragraphs in my screen.

He is angry with me. If I say one word, I'm one-hundred two percent sure he will shout at me.

"Slacking instead of finishing your job, that's good," he stated sarcastically. I stopped myself from glaring at him. I felt him bent; his mouth almost brushed my ear when he said, "What was your dream all about?" I automatically shivered.