XVI

(A/N: Sorry for late update, I'm currently fixing the plot of this story. By the way, thank you for all your votes and comments! I hope you continue to support this story til the end! Love you all! GOD bless. Enjoy reading!)

XVI

Sunrays met my face once someone opened the curtain on the window. I yawned, but never opened my eyes. Instead, I laid on my stomach to prevent the irritating heat to touch my face.

We arrived early this morning on a magnificent island located in Brazil. I wanted to ask Prince Alexander what this place called, however, I was so tired in our travel and all I wanted to do was to close my eyes and rested anywhere, so I had no chance to ask him anymore.

I had no idea how long I slept that day. Based on my common sense, it was nearly sunset because the heat from the sun was sticky and wounding, unlike to what we got during the sunrise.

I finally sat on the bed, when sleepiness slipped away, and looked around me. It was a room made of glass and cement. Big windows and a double door were made of clear glasses that you could see the outside through it. The bed was in the middle, while a walk-in wardrobe covered a cement wall on the east side.

I was still wearing my red dress. I forgot to change last night, because I chose the bed than the wardrobe. I went to the bathroom to do the necessary things to clean myself. I did not hesitate to look at the mirror because I knew what face I would see there. Then, I wore a simple t-shirt and a pair of shorts from the walk-in wardrobe, which I wondered where it came from, or whose the owner of these clothes.

Maybe I would ask her later about lending me some clothes. I needed to change no matter what.

I opened a wood door, and saw a relaxing atmosphere of a living room. Maybe, that was the reason Prince Alexander brought me here; he wanted to rest and closed temporarily the distressing world behind those horizons. The horizon looked amazing because of the fight between the orange, blue and yellow.

"Oh, Alecsh, I want more!" I heard a girl laugh from outside of the cabin. I thought we were alone here. Thank goodness, there were people living here.

"Princess, what do you want your knight to do?" that happy and playful voice was Prince Alexander. I peeked through the window, and saw him with the two other kids playing in the sand.

"Bring me to the castle!" the little girl, which I assumed had same age with Chance, giggled and rode on Prince Alexander's back. I was shocked for a moment and all I knew they were already looking at me.

Prince Alexander waved his hand, like saying 'come here'. I did what he had gestured. I cautiously looked at the mirror located in the living room. I looked as pale as a coupon bond because of lack of makeup. Wait, I did not need to be beautiful no one needed to be impressed here in the island.

When I stepped outside, the sun kissed my skin, but I already enjoyed it now than in the bedroom earlier.

The Prince smiled at me and said, "I already wondering if you will still wake up or not until we come back again in England."

I grimaced. "Sleeping is my first love, you know," I stared at the young girl who looked at me as if I was a celebrity. She smiled when my attention caught by her cute face. "Hi, what is your name?"

"Hello, my name ish Paulina, and you?" the confidence in her little voice made me wonder if Chance could speak like that. If Hana spoke nonstop, Chance was a different story. He could say words, but very limited. I suddenly felt how much I missed them.

"I am Shirley," I looked at Prince Alexander when I said, "His Highness' personal accountant."

"Acc—what? He shaid to me, you are hish Prinsh..." her words stopped once Prince Alexander covered her little mouth with his big hand.