XLIX

(A/N: I dedicate this chapter to @MarieIdelfonso2002 who had a very nice comment on the previous chapter, which made me inspired to post an update. Thank you very much girl! Don't worry friends, there are still two more chapters that I will give to those who share their opinions in comment box. And, who knows that I will continue to give a dedication in every next chapter to those who have good comments. Enjoy reading! GOD bless you!)

XLIX

I remembered that day when I went home with three stars on my homework from kindergarten. Dad was so happy for that little achievement and he bought an ice cream for me.

The day I told him that I wanted to be an accountant someday. He just nodded and gave me an encouraging smile. That infamous smile of Dad was still clear in my mind.

His face, when I married Alexander a couple of weeks ago, was priceless. He did not say it by words, but I knew he was proud of me. He was glad for me.

However, he was there in a hospital at Chicago. He was still strong the last time I saw him, but now, he was comatose.

I woke up with a headache and heavy eyelids. I forgot what happened until I evoked the call I received from mom. My dad was in hospital and I did not know what to do. Should I go back to Chicago?

I sat up and noticed that I was already in my room. As far as I could recall, I was in Alexander's room when the bad news reached me. Tears started forming and I found myself crying again.

The newly rise sun shone through my window. I imagined my family seeing how beautiful it was when the day started in Chicago. How I wished my dad was fine and he was smiling like a proud father to his children.

I wished I were in Chicago to see my family and hug them in time like this. I was worried. I was scared. I felt as if someone would call anytime and tell me that my father was already... I did not want to think about it.

There was a soft knock on my door. I was not able to speak because the person behind the door opened it. Not a person. Two persons. Princess Victoria, who wore a simple blue dress, and a stranger girl, who wore a cloth like the one I saw on a maid.

"Your Royal Highness," I greeted and preparing to stand up when the princess stopped me.

"Shirley," she walked to my bed, "No need to be formal. I'm here to check if you're already okay." She sat on my bed and winked.

The maid, whose name was Daisy, checked my temperature and brought me a tray of breakfast and some pills. She told me to have it thrice a day.

Victoria was quiet while the maid helped me changed my clothes. I refused at first, but they both insisted I needed Daisy's help. I hated how Her Highness' sympathy drew in her eyes. She looked at me as if I was fragile and anytime I would break into pieces.

Daisy left after the princess dismissed her. No one talked and I did not have any strength to think about a good topic.

Princess Victoria stared at me and held my hand. Her hand was so soft like cotton. "Shirley, do you want to go to Chicago?"

I was freeze in a minute before I fully absorbed what she had asked. "O..of c-course," I stuttered, "I want to go there. I want to see my family if they are alright."

She sighed and closed her eyes. When she opened it, I saw the determination raged in her orbs. I had no idea of why there was a determination.

"Shirley, call your family and check them. I have a favor to ask you," she tightly held my hand and I could see tears forming in her eyes.