XIII

XIII

More than two weeks had passed since the financial reporting happened. After Prince Alexander said that I should stay away from him, or else, I would get hurt. After he started his silent treatment. After everything had changed because of one kiss.

He was off somewhere last week, and I never heard a word from him. This week, he was in his office, yet he did not call me to ask about the budget. Always Clarissa did the negotiation as if she was the bridge between the two countries having a war.

This afternoon, I was preparing myself to go back in my room when Princess Victoria showed in our office. It had been a while since I talked to her. She was still pretty, but came back to be a cheerful royalty from the stiff I saw in the meeting.

"Have something to do after work?" she asked me and pulped her lips like a puppy asking for a food.

I smiled. "None. Why?"

"Great!" her beam ranged from ear to ear. She clasped her hands, "Come with me."

"Where are we going?"

"In some places where women really want to go," she held my wrist and excitedly dragged me out the office.

-----

We arrived in a high-class fashion area of England using a black Audi with a driver and a guard. There was another black car following us, and Princess Victoria told me that it contained four more guards for a freaking security. Those were her words.

There were different stores around. We entered to the nearest in the parking lot. Every dress was like worth my semi-annual salary. I was afraid to touch it because I might give it a stain or damage, and I didn't have money to pay for it.

Princess Victoria talked with a mid-twenty dark-headed woman that looked like the sales clerk of the store. She smiled at us when we entered and never hid her teeth when the Princess talked to her. I was observing every dress, thinking of what they made or calculating the profit of this store in each clothes, when one of the staff spoke beside me.

"Red will be fitted to your skin tone," she said.

I looked at her and shook my head. "Oh, thank you for your suggestion, but I'm only here because I accompany the Princess, she is the one who will buy."

"Who told you?" I heard Princess Victoria's voice interrupted our conversation.

I raised my eyebrow and stared at her then back to the staff and back again, "Your Highness, I don't have money to buy an inch of cloth in this store."

She wrinkled her forehead and looked at me as if I told her that she was not a princess. "Just choose one. I'll treat you."

"What?! No," I fully disagreed, "I mean, I'll buy one soon if I already got my income next month."

"Oh come on, Shirley, this is my payment to you for accompanying me today."

"But..."

"No more buts," she warned and came back to the woman she was talking with earlier.

The staff smiled at me, and assisted me in every rack of dresses. She handed me different styles and colors. From red to blue to white to green, back again to red until we ended up with five dresses. Two reds, two blues and one white. She brought me to the fitting area and left me alone inside a small room that made of mirror walls.

I tried all, but I could not decide what really matched my look. Princess Victoria came to me, and she was the one who decided for a suited dress for me. I wished I did not listen to what she wanted.