XLV

(A/N: Wow, we're already in the 45th chapter! I know, I have a lot of wrong grammars in this story. I'm so sorry. I'm not that good in English because English is not our primary language. But, I'm going to edit this, with the help of a friend, after I finish writing all the chapters. Thank you so much! Enjoy reading!)

XLV

New day. Back to work.

Yesterday's events were like a nightmare. After a troubled conversation with Leilanie, words from Princess Emily became my new confusion.

I sighed. I was still thinking either I wanted to know what she meant or it was better if I did not mind it at all. But I could not do the latter. What should I do now?

Of course, I would take care of Alexander because he was my husband. That was already given. But, why did she say that in an affectionate way as if they were blood related or something more? If she was Alexander's sister, it was alright to say that. However, she was his sister-in-law and saying it in that way would give someone an idea that they had a deeper relationship.

I ran my hand through my hair and leaned back on my chair in the office. I could not start working because of these things playing in my mind.

Instead of continuing my year-end report, I opened the computer's browser and went to Google immediately. I typed "Princess Emily" and click the search button.

A lot of links for different articles and pages showed up. I did not know why I was doing this, but searching in Google was more convenient than asking someone, because a person might think that I was already paranoid or even crazy.

All the articles were about the charities or state visit of the princess. It would not give me any answer to the questions forming in my mind.

Maybe, sanity left me for a while and I added Prince Alexander after the name of Princess Emily in the search bar.

Several pictures showed up as well as few articles, but these were all about how the two being in-laws. I was not satisfied and even me got confused with my instinct. I looked for more links and even visited some forums.

Then, there was a link entitled "Rumor: Ex-girlfriend of a Prince, soon to be a Queen". My heart pounded faster and my hand shook to move the mouse to open the link, but...

The telephone on my table suddenly rang and I accidentally closed the window of the browser. I answered the telephone while massaging my forehead. I was really out of my mind.

"Hello, this is Shirley Woodman of Accounting Department. How may I help you?"

"Hi Miss Woodman!" a British accent man responded in the other line. His voice was powerful, yet it seemed like it came from an old man. "This is Diego of the King's office. Miss Williams told me that you can get the hard copy of Prince Alexander's report in his office. I'm sorry to bother you, but since she is not around, I hope you can do me a favor."

Clarissa went to New York to accompany my husband. They needed to meet the directors of charity there to cover up the happening a few days ago.

"Okay, Diego. I'm going to bring it to your office in a while," I answered then asked, "By the way, what report do you need?"

"The report of Prince Alexander to the King about the military, I think it was kept carefully because of the confidentiality. So, you're the only one trusted by the prince to get it in his office," he explained in a low voice as if he was hiding a secret, "Prince Alexander is too busy in New York that we have no chance to talk to him. I hope you won't bother him by calling and ask about the report."