XX

XX

I was not really coming. But here I was, standing outside the backdoor of the Palace. This was where Clarissa and I entered the Palace on my first day. It was near the elevator and fire exit.

The weather was cold and hazy. Since it was early in the morning, the sun had not yet risen. However, people were already busy working in their respective areas. I saw the kitchen staffs unloading the truck nearby. They held boxes of, I assumed, raw foods. On the opposite side, the guards were patrolling and observing every act as though they doubted all individuals.

Patiently waiting, I tried to warm myself by rubbing my hands with each other. Thank goodness, Prince Alexander told me yesterday to bring a jacket. Speaking of that Prince, where was he? I stood here for about ten minutes. Would he come?

I would kick him if he would not show his face here. I knew it was only his game and I wanted to prove him something, but he had no right to play with my time of sleeping! I woke up very early just to prove I was not jealous to his prostitute. He should not dare me.

I waited for another minute, when finally, he went out of the door. He wore a black jacket while its hood covered his head, and dark sunglasses were in his eyes. He put on the jogging pants, like how he wore his usual slacks; both screamed his hotness. I never saw a man before who could do that on the same clothing. Prince Alexander was the only one.

He smiled once he saw me, and I only rolled my eyes. He was late, for all sake!

"Let's go?" he said when he reached me.

I furrowed my eyebrow. "What are you saying?" I asked, "I thought we would only see each other here and then return to our respective beds."

He smirked, amused, "Ms. Accountant, sometimes, don't use your pretty head only in numbers. You can also use it in real world."

I smacked his arm, "Your Highness, I'm using it properly, you don't need to say that to me." I glared, "How do I know what you are planning?"

"Just come with me, you will know," he held my hand as if it was fragile. A shiver ran through my spine, possibly, because of the coldness outside or because of his long fingers interlaced with mine.

The guard nodded to the prince when we passed the gate. Still holding my hand, we stopped outside the fence of the Palace. From this vantage point, I could see how big and magnificent the palace was. I wondered if I could see the window of my room from here.

"We can jog here to go to our destination," he said and I suddenly looked at him.

I wore jeans, I thought we would hang out and came back to bed after. Luckily, I thought of wearing sneakers. Okay, I could still jog while these fitted pants bothering me. It would be a difficult morning for me. Why was this prince suddenly think about jogging?

"You're getting fat," he answered my unspoken question. Wait, how did he know what I was thinking? Maybe my face was obviously interpreting what my thinking was.

"Seriously?" I panicked and stared at my stomach. It was Katherine's fault! She always dragged me to the Dining Area to eat anything we could see there.

He stopped the grin forming on his face by biting his lower lip. Oh my gosh. He was unthinkable hot when he did that. "I want to help you," he said, "That's why I invited you this morning to join me in my jogging."

"Wow, thank you for your concern," I sarcastically said. It was his satisfaction to insult me no matter what it took. Telling a girl she was fat, what a gentleman?

"You're welcome," he chuckled, "Let's start our morning."

I felt the cold again when he released my hand. Without any word from either of us, we started to jog along the wonderful breaking dawn of London. The streets were still quiet and there were some people doing their morning exercise.