XII

XII

Reporting Day was just like an ordinary day, which flavored by a meeting with the Royal family, the entire accounting and budgeting department.

Everyone sat inside Board office, or, what the employees called it here, as Royal Office. It was a large gold and white conference hall. If my measurement served me right, this room was three times bigger than our office. A dozen of glass windows aligned on the west side, where the garden saw anytime. There were three doors on the east wall, two on both sides and one double-door in the middle.

In front of the great hall, there was a wide stage where a long table placed. Six chairs for each member of the immediate Royal Family, including Princess Emily–the future queen of England, I concluded.

All the employees related to the finance sat in rows of chairs that occupied almost half of the Royal Office. It amazed me that the number of workers in this kind of department was like this.

Katherine and I had our seat in the third row; next to us were the couple, Jackie and Felton, then the others who were working in our office. The couple, as what Katherine nicknamed them, was like snakes in human form. Their limbs entangled with each other, and their lips only separated occasionally. I wished someone would stop them. I was afraid they doing would result to higher activity in the middle of the meeting.

Katherine tapped my shoulder–I was busy watching Jackie and her lover in the corner of my eye. That was why I did not pay attention to what was happening around me–and pointed the door when I looked at her. Sophisticated ginger and blonde people entered the Board Office.

Almost all of them took their seat in the first two rows, the reason why we were not sitting there.

Katherine whispered, "They are the extended family." Pertain to the beautiful individuals, wearing designer dresses and suit, talking casually in more elegant British accent.

"They're needed in the meeting?" I stupidly asked.

"Of course," she scowled, "They remained part of the Royal family in first blood."

"First blood." I said the word just to make Katherine believed that I was so focused listening to her. The real thing was, I was truly distracted. Not because these people in front of me did intimidate me, but because I was shivering of the gaze given by the man on the stage.

"Yeah, see the man there," Katherine nodded in the right side. I looked to see more blonde people. Once she said, "That is Prince Leonard, brother of King Gregory," I understood who she was talking.

She discussed every member and what their relationships with the immediate Royal family were. Another brother, two sisters, sisters-in-law, and brothers-in-law of King Gregory, and the rest were the first cousins of the Royal siblings.

I lost the track of her words when my eyes accidentally passed the stage. I stuck there. He never let me escape the cage he had given to my eyes. He smiled a little that made my heart leaped from its original position.

The family, I was only seeing in the magazine, was now facing us. They sat straight in the luxurious chair, possibly made of gold and cotton. Every movement was calculated. This was the first for me to see Prince Alexander was like a statue, but his green eyes told me otherwise.

King Gregory was in the middle, in his right was Prince Nicholas, who was the young resemble of the King except for his clean cut red hair. Beside him was Princess Emily, who was sitting awkwardly, as if the Prince and she were not married couple. She had dark-brown hair, which framed her small and angelic face. I wondered if their child was here, I was still waiting for the time to see him.