LV

LV

The day Princess Victoria dragged me to the dress stores in England was still clear in my memory. That was the time we became close because I learned many things about her. I also met Ben, her beloved one. When I remembered that night she set up Alexander and I in a restaurant, I could say that she became the main bridge of my romantic story with her brother.

However, it took only one mistake and shame covered those meaningful pasts. I still contrite to what happened to her and Ben, and I thought, I was already paying now.

Elena held my arm that took me out of my reverie. She showed me a dark pink cocktail dress, which would expose more skin of anyone who wore it.

"Are you going to wear that?" I asked and her forehead crumpled.

"What are you saying?" She handed me the dress. "You're the one fitted to it," she beamed, "Have it on the upcoming anniversary party of the hotel. That will be two weeks from now, right?"

I nodded. Thanks to my sister, I remembered the anniversary of the hotel where I worked. It would be an extravagant, not only because of twenty-five years anniversary of the hotel, but also I saw the budget of the said event. All employees were invited and all our regular customers and guests during that time.

"Lola also approved that," she pointed the cloth I was holding, "Try it in the fitting area."

I sighed in defeat. If Lola and my sisters wanted it, I had no place to disagree. That was life. "Look at Jared and Cassandra," I reminded her.

"Okay," she said.

I went to the fitting room behind the mountain of different dresses, suits and anything made of fabric. This was the tenth shop we went in since we entered the mall an hour or so ago. Everyone enjoyed this shopping, except me. Besides my feet hurt, I could not stand this kind of hunting.

Once I was inside of the small area, I immediately viewed myself in a large mirror. My usual long wavy brown hair cut up to my shoulder. I looked more matured in this hairstyle. My body was different compare before. I had bigger boobs resulted from having babies. My waist was still small because I had tried hard to maintain my body after giving birth. But, I was sexier than three years ago when Jared and Cassandra was not yet existing.

The dress was strapless and the material was like a second skin because it shaped my torso until my mid-thigh. The ruffles covered the material on my thighs made it more attractive. I did not prefer this kind of clothing, but for the sake of the hotel's anniversary, I would wear it.

"Hey, Shirley," I heard Lola from the outside, "Please come out now. We want to see you."

I slowly exited the room and walked to them. All of them grinned at my sight. Lola clasped her hands like a proud mother during graduation day. My twins were playing the toys-we bought in the store before we went here-on the bench beside the fitting area. Gladly, Chance did not join this trip and instead, he joined my parents and Cricket. Otherwise, he would be so bored.

"Oh my Elena," Lola spoke, "You have good eyes."

"I know right," my sister boasted.

"Ugh, I also saw that dress earlier but I was thinking that Ley doesn't like that kind of dress," Hana complained as if someone got the prize she won from a contest.

We laughed and I put my arms around her shoulders. Lola put a pair of stiletto in front of me without minding the terror it would bring me. I hated that kind of shoes.

"Oh, it will be perfect, Ley," Hana cheerfully said while helping me to put the pink shoes on.

"I don't think I can have it during the party," I whispered, but my best friend already knew that before I could say it.