XLVI

(A/N: Wow, finally, I update after a century. So busy in my review for CPA exam. I hope you understand me. Someone asked me if I'm going to finish this story, of course, I'm going to finish this no matter what happen. I hope you enjoy my every update even though it takes ages. BTW, belated merry Christmas and advanced Happy New Year! This is my gift to you, I also hope to update more next days. Thank you!)

XLVI

I wanted to hide, but I was caught in action. I wanted to run, but she was standing on the door. I wanted to tell her everything because I knew the reason that she was angry to Princess Emily. Somehow, the latter almost destroyed their family when Prince Nicholas married Princess Emily, who was the ex-girlfriend of Prince Alexander.

Now, I knew why Princess Victoria walked out during the tea party at the Warden's mansion. If I were in her position, I would do the same.

"Shirley, what are you doing here?" Victoria asked again while going inside the office. I did not know if I had closed the door or I had left it opened.

I wiped my cheek to make sure that dried tears were not visible.

"I'm looking for His Highness' report for the King," I started to clean the table and put the pictures in the drawer where I had found it. "But," I sobbed, "Instead of the report, I found out...everything." I cried again when the last word slipped from my mouth.

I saw how Victoria's face changed from the curious to shock. She walked toward my place and looked at the remaining pictures on the table.

I continued, "I...I'm just searching, but..." I trailed off when she hugged me.

"Shirley," she hushed.

I didn't stop from talking. I wanted to take out all the hard feelings inside me, "Why? Why did he not tell me about them? Why?"

"Shirley," she just tapped my back.

"Your Highness," I held her shoulder and broke our hug, "is it because she's the reason I'm here?"

She immediately shook her head, "No, Shirley. Alex and Emily were old news. They never been together since they broke up. Trust me." She held the pictures and put it in the drawer, "I won't tell Alex that you saw these."

"Why? I need an explanation from him," questions were practicing inside my head and ready to fire him.

"Please, don't. Shirley, Alex loves you so much and please don't damage your relationship just because of this secret," this time, she was the one who held my shoulder, "Please."

My heart and tears exploded when I heard her last word. I thought she would help me to ease my feelings, but I experienced the otherwise. Her green eyes were so similar with his and I could also see the betrayal.

She quickly moved and cleaned the table. Princess Victoria spoke again without looking at me, "I felt too upset when Emily chose my older brother Nicholas than Alex. I saw how broken Alex was. I wanted to help him, but I had no idea at that time how to comfort a broken hearted brother. But, years after, you came." She bored her green eyes to my blue, "You helped him to get out and live another life."

I didn't notice that the table was already clean. She held my wrist and pulled me outside the office. She closed the door and made sure that it was locked.

"Don't tell him that you already know about them, trust me in this, Shirley," with that, she left me alone outside the office of my most beloved man.